BlueMSX Wii issues and Retroarch cores

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Antonio Soler, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Antonio Soler
    OP

Antonio Soler Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2015
    Brazil
    I´m using BlueMSX Wii 1.0.3 in a modded Wii with gamecube ports. The only controller i get to work in the emulator is the Wii Remote. When i plug the nunchuck controller, only the buttons work, the joystick is irresponsible. Also, my Gamecube Wavebird controller only works in the menus. I´m able to choose a game with it, but when i start the game, only the remote works. I´m using the emulator and roms in the SD, and already erased it and did a fresh install, but the issues persist.

Regarding the Retroarch 1.2.2 cores, did anyone managed to run the bluemsx and fmsx cores? In Bluemsx i get a black screen when i load a rom and have to phisically reset the console. In fmsx i get a DSI error screeen and the console returns to System Menu.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Antonio.

2. nakata6790

nakata6790 True Player

Sep 17, 2009
    Greece
    Why not try standalone BlueMSX Wii? Works perfectly and has a great interface. It even downloads games and pics the first time you set it up for you.
    http://www.wiimsx.com

Last edited by nakata6790, Oct 21, 2015
  3. Antonio Soler
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2015
    Brazil
    Maybe my post wasn´t clear. The first paragraph is about the standalone BlueMSX Wii. I already use it, but it only works with the wii remote. I wasn´t able to get it to work with wii remote + nunchuck combo or with my Gamecube Wavebird controller plugged in one of the Gamecube ports.

4. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Retroarch 1.2.2 is very buggy, I had to downgrade to 1.2.1, much better in comparison.

Is there any specific game that you want to try out? MSX injection on VC is the most accurate emulation that you get.

Last edited by OriginalHamster, Oct 25, 2015
  5. Antonio Soler
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2015
    Brazil
    No particular game in mind. Did you manage to run the MSX cores in Retroarch 1.2.1? Do you have a tutorial teaching how to inject a MSX rom to run in VC?

6. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Nope, I think 1.2.1 is not compatibel with MSX, only through BlueMSX.
    I haven't injected any MSX game myself, I have the Metal Gear Ones though.

Last edited by OriginalHamster, Oct 27, 2015