Blue Maddens mobo question

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by kamikazechocobo, Sep 6, 2008.

Sep 6, 2008
  1. kamikazechocobo
    OP

Newcomer kamikazechocobo Newbie

Canada
    Hi folks,

So I won a silly Singstar karaoke contest at my Uni. and got myself a Madden 09 bundle.

I read a thread here suggesting that the madden bundles come with the TA-088v2 mobos... is this a fact or is it speculation?
    (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=102247&st=0&p=1362305&#entry1362305 post #4)

If anybody knows for certain, please tell [​IMG]

If there's a chance it's a ta-088v3, I'll just bring my unopened box to bestbuy for store credit or something.

Thanks!

2. pepsibluehawk87

Member pepsibluehawk87 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    1st, that's great you must be good.

Anyway, there are some videos on youtube that show the blue psp with custom firmware. So you have no need to worry. (I could be wrong of course, but not about the videos)

3. solange82200

Member solange82200 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It appears from what Ive read on another site that many of the blue maddens are moddable (probably have to use the newer version of Despertar Del Cementerio). It's a chance you may have to take. If you dont care for the color, maybe you can trade it in for a Daxter bundle or something at Gamestop? It's up to you. Yo ucan open and if anything sell it on ebay as Like New if it ends up being the new motherboards. I for one am freaking out about this and the 3000. I have a silver Daxter pack psp that I got a couple of months ago, and Im terrified that it will break and I will not be able to buy a new hackable one!

4. kamikazechocobo
    OP

Newcomer kamikazechocobo Newbie

Canada
    Wow, thanks for the info guys!

I already returned it at BB for in-store credit but I guess I can always grab it back.. the navy blue colour looks amazingly good IMO.. much better than how it looks on the box. I suppose I could just "buy" it again, attempt to install custom firmware on it and return it if it doesn't work.... I guess I'll try that.

And naw, I'm no good.. I just sing like a robot [​IMG] That and most people are too afraid to belch out a tune in an open tent on their campus. Lucky me!