Homebrew Blocking browserhax update message

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
So wait, when does the update nag happens?

Are you safe if you don't open the browser?

Some friends are trying to downgrade and install CFW, however, it seems the browser gets an update notification via spotpass or something.

Had the same last week.. If you get the nag the first time you can pull the battery out or try and power off before it forces a restart. I didnt know this so didnt prepare. Once the nag is on a 10.1 O3DS you cannot do anything with the browserhaxx, you need to use OOTHAX like I did last week. You need another 3ds running CFW to install the payload for 10.1 on OOTHAX on the cart though, luckily i have more than one.

Not working on my 10.1 O3DS XL. I have seen the update message before, am I screwed?

See above, you need to get the 10.1 payload onto OOTHAX via another machine. Or you can get to 10.3 using some method but I am not sure if any carts shipped with 10.3? Good luck

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i guess downgrading (through menuhax) does not remove the nag from a system that already has it, right?

situation is, my brothers o3ds is still sitting on 10.3 as he was happy with legit cias and homebrew, however, he might want to give downgrading a shot. i dont know if he already got the update nag and i dont want to try the browser to check and stuff.

after downgrading, eventually there comes a point where you need browserhax to get back into homebrew menu, if only after formating sysnand to unlink nands. and it'd be pretty annoying to find out at that moment, that browserhax is nagging. (at which point, i guess oot and cubic ninja would be the only way to continue with setting up cfw and all, right?)

also, does the dns adress in first post block both the browser update nag and system updates in general?

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
i guess downgrading (through menuhax) does not remove the nag from a system that already has it, right?

situation is, my brothers o3ds is still sitting on 10.3 as he was happy with legit cias and homebrew, however, he might want to give downgrading a shot. i dont know if he already got the update nag and i dont want to try the browser to check and stuff.

after downgrading, eventually there comes a point where you need browserhax to get back into homebrew menu, if only after formating sysnand to unlink nands. and it'd be pretty annoying to find out at that moment, that browserhax is nagging. (at which point, i guess oot and cubic ninja would be the only way to continue with setting up cfw and all, right?)

also, does the dns adress in first post block both the browser update nag and system updates in general?

I believe OOTHAX/Cubic is the only solution if you have the nag on O3DS, there is a workaround on N3DS.

The DNS address I'm not too sure about, but I dont think it has anything to do with blocking the nag, i believe its for updates only.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I believe OOTHAX/Cubic is the only solution if you have the nag on O3DS, there is a workaround on N3DS.

The DNS address I'm not too sure about, but I dont think it has anything to do with blocking the nag, i believe its for updates only.

oh well... if it ever comes to that, i guess i can get access to oot if necessary. still, would like anyone to confirm if browsernag actually stays after downgrade or not. since its supposedly only added with 9.9, but who knows how that save data works.

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
oh well... if it ever comes to that, i guess i can get access to oot if necessary. still, would like anyone to confirm if browsernag actually stays after downgrade or not. since its supposedly only added with 9.9, but who knows how that save data works.

The nag disappears if you can downgrade, its getting there that was the problem for me (solved by OOTHAX and another console)

Deathevan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im on O3ds 10.3U. It said the browser cannot be used at this time. Does this mean I'm screwed or can I use oot3dhax or ninjax and still get to homebrew? Is one method easier than the other? Do I require anything else other than oot3d or cubicninja?

Last edited by Deathevan,

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Im on O3ds 10.3U. It said the browser cannot be used at this time. Does this mean I'm screwed or can I use oot3dhax or ninjax and still get to homebrew? Is one method easier than the other? Do I require anything else other than oot3d or cubicninja?

With OOTHAX you dont need to use the browser, it is "self contained" if you like. I use it.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country

As long as you downgrade below 9.9, yes. The browser is downgraded too, and the 9.8 and lower downgrade packages have no naggable browser versions. This one of the ways to get rid of the browser nag. If you have this fear of getting an incomplete downgrade and the browser was inside those titles not downgraded (the only way a downgrade couldn't free browserhax from the nag) then don't do it. In fact, I own a nagged N3DS downgraded to 9.2: it's working great.

The dns prevents access to the cdn server, so yes. Updates in sleep mode won't work. If the update is already downloaded you can still install it "offline" so be careful. You can reset downloaded updates by entering recovery mode once ( hold L+R+A+Up then boot and keep holding) and hit cancel on it. This is also one of the ways to get rid of the menu update nag.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

Dylan the Tactician

Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
United States
If you activate the nag, you can try to set your system date to January 1st, 2000, following what is written here:

https://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php
Oh, i didn't activate it

But, i got to thinking-
could we block the nag with OpenDNS

[edit]
I'm mostly here to try and help an internet friend set up homebrew without me having to send her my OoT3d cart for her to setup menuhax off of XD

Last edited by Dylan the Tactician,

Darkestnoir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey,

i have a New 3DS XL on v11.0.0-33E with browser v1.7.10150 how do i remove/pass the update dialog? I tryed to set the systemtime to 01.01.2000 and cleared browser data without success.

Or does browserhax not work at this firmware version?

Last edited by Darkestnoir,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

i have a New 3DS XL on v11.0.0-33E with browser v1.7.10150 how do i remove/pass the update dialog? I tryed to set the systemtime to 01.01.2000 and cleared browser data without success.

Or does browserhax not work at this firmware version?
The date bug was fixed in 10.7. There was a post somewhere denoting an IP address that you can block with your router which will allow you to bypass it on versions 10.7+, but I can't find it anywhere.

Darkestnoir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The date bug was fixed in 10.7. There was a post somewhere denoting an IP address that you can block with your router which will allow you to bypass it on versions 10.7+, but I can't find it anywhere.
Ah okay, has anyone the IP address or a working guide/tutorial?

Edit: I blocked all ip's except the one that is needed for the QR code without success. Is the 11.0.0-33E not compatible with browserhax? All tutorials say that is work when you delete browser cache etc. but after that the browser wont stay open and close to the home screen.

Edit2: Okay, i try freakyhax ;)

Last edited by Darkestnoir,

gengardenne

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm on 11.3 firware.There is a method for this system version to block browser message?
A9LH user

I need to use it for an exploit(not to enter on hombrew so not browserhax)

On internet haven't found nothing for me.

This is the message I want block:"The internet browser will become available once you update your system via the internet".

EthanAddict

An investment to nothingness
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm on 11.3 firware.There is a method for this system version to block browser message?
A9LH user

This is the message I want block:"The internet browser will become available once you update your system via the internet".

You can't, Nintendo patched the flaw on systems with > 10.7, so you are doomed

nitroBW

warum nicht?
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A9LH user

No need to necrothread -_-

Why don't you just update your console? Updating to B9S would be recommended too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo