Blizzard In Talks With Microsoft Over Next Xbox

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A member of the Blizzard team has confirmed that his company has been in talks with Microsoft about the next generation version of the Xbox. As expected, this tidbit of news has sparked speculation that MS is set to replace the Xbox 360 sooner rather than later...

QUOTE said:
Exciting news for gamers - Microsoft is deep in the development process for the successor to the Xbox 360 games console, it's been revealed.

One of the first credible reports on the topic, Blizzard's Rob Pardo has confirmed that his company has taken part in talks with Microsoft about the next-next-gen console.

That Microsoft will launch another console at sometime in the future isn't exactly rocket science, but this news suggests the company plans to replace its current 4-year-old system soon.

Speaking at a lunch at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, Pardo did not provide hardware details - only that Blizzard is "actively in discussions with Microsoft" about the new gaming hardware.

News Source: Pocket Lint60

Damn, why make a new console, the 360 is still making money..and I just got mine last Christmas!

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
It's not like we're talking about a next console in 2009, It's probably gonna be released around 2011, The 360 had a normal lifespan then.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
haha
as soon as the new Microsoft console is released I will buy the PS3!^^
I think the PS3 will be much cheaper in 2011^^

But seriously before talking about a new console, they reeeeally should firstly eliminate the RoD or E74 problems :/

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
but this is a way of combatin the rrod - just start all over again

personally i hate the 360 so i am rarther glad that it is being replaced
smile.gif

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay lol
Anyway, I'm glad that they're starting on a new one, but...Blizzard???? SRSLY??!! They will want a WoW xbox game soon...

I hope it has better online play, some developers just too lazy and make 16 Vs. MP, the highest I've seen is 50 Vs. on Frontlines.

Give it some nice MMO capabilities, a mouse (I'm sure they'll think of something to use a mouse for)
Blu ray player built in, backwards compatibility (obviously) Free Xbox Live!!!
Fix the RROD and the DVD - Game problem (recognises some games as DVDs? U.U)
And.... A NEW HALO SERIES!
Oh and don't forget gun point and shoot action like teh wiiiiiiii
shy.gif

Oh and the beautiful games like FF and other RPGs should be twice as beatiful (somehow, they'll whip something up)

sorry lastly it must be able to download demos and content WHILST playing online games..........

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?