Gaming bleh, found a reason to not like GEN5.5 firmware

Tikker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it makes the GPS software (mapthis) really unstable

psp becomes unresponsive after about 30 mins or so, not something I ever had an issue with on my m33 flavours (used it from 3.71 all the way to 5.0)

oh well, guess i'll have to pandora back to m33

Zieg30CT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chances are the program might need updating and it is not the fault of the custom firmware being used. Of course I don't think many people bother using their PSP as a GPS any way.

Also Hellcat's Recovery Program is fairly useful for switching firmwares without Pandora if you have made a backup of the firmware of your choice.

Tikker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well, maybe semantics, but it's clearly the firmware that's the issue, not the app itself

I'll have to fiddle with hellcat's in the future I guess

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Recovery Flasher won't uninstall 5.50 GEN B...GEN B corrupts, so a Pandora Battery is required.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has been reported a problem on Phats.

But you can change to m33-6 without the need of an extra battery. You can turn it into a pandora, run the magic memory stick files to m33 firmware, and then using some program I forgot, you can turn your battery back into a normal one. That's what I did on mine.

But I did enjoy my time with Gen-B. It didn't let me down, and it wasn't buggy.
It was just incompatible with some homebrew (so would the firmware be buggy? Or the programs?)

It doesn't deserve the hate it's getting.

Tikker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
today, it dropped all my system settings

my locationfree data all wiped out, system nickname, all my bookmarks, wifi connection data, themes, etc etc

basically everything that you setup on initial boot was gone, even all the CFW settings (iso mode, etc)

really weird stuff

also just noticed that it doesn't seem to allow charging of the battery via USB (it does when you're in USB mode, but not when the USB is simply plugged in)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: 4.90 ? 4.90.1?