Hacking Blank tiles after restoring NAND

trickz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what's going on but I restored my 7.0 clean NAND after downgrading to 6.2 to install SXOS via emunand.

Everything went through fine but I noticed that if I delete software on my NAND, a blank tile will exist on the home screen which I cannot interact with. Nothing shows up under data management. If I reinstall that exact game then the blank tiles goes away. If I delete the game again, the blank tile comes back. These were originally installed on a micoSD when I did my NAND backup

Anyone have any ideas what this is and how to fix it? Has this somehow corrupted my NAND tho I don't see how that's possible?

Attachments

• IMG_20190305_232922.jpg
    IMG_20190305_232922.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 0

Masamune3210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know enough about the Switch and how it handles game installs to external media, but I'm willing to bet that they are crud left over from the game being installed to the sd card before the restore

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boot to OSX boot menu. Select OFW and immediately hold volume down and volume up. This will boot to a built in recovery mode. That's it. Shut it down and your corrupted data should he gone.

trickz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean "maintenance mode" ? Just booted into this and pressed power button. This didn't solve the problem. I guess I could initialize console eithoifdelefjng save data but I'll lose all my download games?

trickz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean "maintenance mode" ? Just booted into this and pressed power button. This didn't solve the problem. I guess I could initialize console without deleting save data but I'll lose all my download games?

Damn I went as far as trying initialize console without deleting data and all these blanks tiles still exist. Am I stuck with these things?

Last edited by trickz,

trickz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I discovered that installing anything replaces the blank tile but those tiles seem to always exist now in my NAND. Only thing I haven't done is a factory reset. Anyway, if anyone knows how to get rid of it or has any more info, please let me know.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you ever restore your NAND? When did you notice the blank tiles?
yes by my NAND backup was back before I use any CFW and no games installed, and I use an empty SD card after restoring NAND so there could be no leftover files in Nintendo folder
I just noticed it about a week ago

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all