Blackscreen but sound from home menu-theme

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Somberland, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Somberland
    OP

Somberland Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hello,
    after my battery died white playing and now I'm not able to boot my 3ds anymore. I get a black screen but the sound from my home menu theme is playing, the blue and orange light are on.
    • I've already tried to update A9LH (success, but still black screen).
    • I can boot into Luma3ds v6.6 config
    • I can boot into Hourglass9 v1.35 and do backups, restore old SysNAND-Backups (made several before sys-updates) but event the NANDmin.bin won't work (black screen).
    • using the arm9loaderhax.bin.bak won't work
    • tried to delete the Home Menu’s extdata
    • checked the SD-Card
    Booting without SD-Card won't work too
    I can boot into SystemUpdate Mode and do the update but does not help (Sound but no picture)

Anyone any ideas what this could be?

2. konsolenumbau.expert

konsolenumbau.expert GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2016
    Germany
    Rieps
    Do you have a original Backup from 9.2 or really ANY Backup you are sure it´s original and is working?

I would at first get it in an original state to see if the Device is working properly... Than do it all over again.

Greetz Seb

3. KanterZ

KanterZ YouTuber, Modder. I also do SOFTMOD Services

Oct 9, 2015
    Philippines
    Just try to charge it until it is full..
    Then open it.. Wait for a few moments.

If after 10 mins it still doesn't open...
    restore backup

4. konsolenumbau.expert

Feb 7, 2016
    Germany
    Rieps
    Well he said he has tried to restore Backup with no advance.

5. Somberland
    OP

Somberland Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    Gambia, The
    the NANDmin.bin is from my downgrade to 9.2. https://3ds.guide/decrypt9-(homebrew-launcher)
    and yes they where working

Last edited by Somberland, Dec 31, 2016
  6. konsolenumbau.expert

Feb 7, 2016
    Germany
    Rieps
    i see. so that should work.... Well .. hmmm...
    The device worked totaly normal before the Batterie gone empty?

If you boot HBL you have screen?

Strange mate.. Honestly i would quickly solder the 4 cables and wright the Backup back via HArdmod.

Does Decrypt9 gives you an LOG if the wright was done properly?

7. Somberland
    OP

Somberland Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    Gambia, The
    can't boot into HBL without a working system.

the NAND_sys.bin was my working 11.2.0-35E,
    the sysNAND.bin 10.something,
    the NANDmin.bin 9.2. after downgrade

So the dumps are (better should) all working.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

a9lh-1user likes this.
  8. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
  9. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Thanks for noticing kitty who shoots lasers wearing glasses. ^_^
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/home-men...-and-freeze-system-with-music-playing.441259/
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/possibil...-on-3ds-with-a9lh-using-a-working-3ds.443127/

And no, it still not fixed, i had bought another one instead, but i still have the not working one, i figured maybe i can fix it with another one that does work but no possible solution was provided.:ninja:

And PLEASE stop suggesting flashing backups, it doesn't solve EVERY PROBLEM. If people could maybe suggest other ideas and maybe leave the NAND BACKUP for last options that would be nice. I also have tried back ups and it never worked. CTR flash never worked either.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight, Dec 31, 2016
  10. MarioMasta64

MarioMasta64 hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    strangely enough the same ting happens to me when was testing fasthax... im not entirely sure the problem but it seems to be an issue with k11

11. Somberland
    OP

Somberland Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Dang. I still have warranty (4 months old) so maybe just removing A9LH and send it back to get it hopefully replaced? Is there a specific procedure to get it "clean" for Nintendo?

12. MarioMasta64

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    essentially yes.

13. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I actually had this problem happen to me once and it turned out to be hardware related
    http://gbatemp.net/entry/3ds-repairs.11371/
    This may actually be a hardware issue and not related to A9LH

14. einhuman197

einhuman197 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    Inside your bootloader (´◉◞౪◟◉)
    Are you sure your screens aren't dead? It may be possible that your screen is dead.

15. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    You self repaired the system?:blink:

Okay, i didn' know You specifically knew how to do that and i don't know anything about the system nor do i own any tools to open it up. So if is a hardware issue, I'll just have to ask local people about it. But the home menu won't load, everything else seem to be fine, the recovery menu, luma settings and all payloads still work. The wifi works cause the recovery menu actually updated the system.:unsure:

16. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    I actually found out through several hours of research. In fact, I had the same problem. The Menu had spotty booting, but A9LH payloads still booted just fine. Which actually means A9LH loads even before some of the hardware is fully loaded.
    But once I repaired the wireless card and replaced the wifi antenna, my system started to work normal again. In fact, I still have that 3DS to this very day

17. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    So you repaired your own system?:blink:

I didn't even know you can do that. But i can't i don't have the tools, nor know how to tell what is wrong or how to fix. Anything with wires i usually say no to cause i do want to break it, those small flexible things are easy to mess with, like the USb charge cables, they always have some problem where they just stop working. Then some only work when positioned in a very specific postion just to charge. Can't people just make this stuff any better? :wtf:

I wish there was shop for local repairs, can't rely on warrenty service cause they are awful. So can i ask how do you think the problem started? I didn't have the problem until i tried to get save data from my GBA VC game using decrypt9, but if the problem is cause of a hardware, and i never dropped the system or hit it, what could have even made this possible? Bad assembly service? :unsure:

18. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    I am always doing repairs. I am known to repair everything from computer, smartphones, video game systems, ect. That was just the first and only one I made a blog about because I am pretty sure I am the first person to do that.
    It's not really that easy. I was just lucky that my 2DS parts worked in my old3DS, but it still required a lot of work. That took like 6 hours to accomplish due to the large amount of troubleshooting.

19. MarioMasta64

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    similar however i dont have the tools or professionalism to soldier / desoldier so i dont mess around with chip on a board parts

20. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    So what do you think could have cause the problem in the first place? If you didn't abuse the system or anything like drop it, why would it just suddenly move itself around without enough effort? :unsure: