Black wiimotes (possibly fake) keeps beeping.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by nando, Nov 6, 2009.

Nov 6, 2009
  1. nando
    OP

Member nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    so i just got a couple of black wiimotes - they could possibly be fakes but they seem legit - and they work absolutely fine except in metroid prime 3 they constantly beep. it basically sounds like a modem and it is faint but very irritating. it only seems to happen in MP3 thus far. i tested in several other games and it works perfect. both wiimotes do this with mp3, my original white ones don't.

it's not a huge issue since i can just use white one for mp3, but i'm curious if anyone else has this issue or could test.

2. GolfDude

Member GolfDude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    the only place u cn get a black wiimote is in japan right now.. they wont be out in the US for another 2 weeks.... the only other black wiimote in the US is a 3rd party wiimote...

3. nando
    OP

United States

yeah, mine got japanese writing all over them. but i got them via china so they are questionable.

edit: they are definitely fake, but they work fine other than that annoyance, plus i was able to get club nitendo points. i guess they are sticking them in genuine retail boxes.

4. vmkstar99

Newcomer vmkstar99 Member

United States
    Could you post some pictures so that we can see what they look like?

5. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    If you bought them from China they're most likely fake. As for the beeping, I assume it's trying to rumble at a certain frequency but can not due to a manufacturing defect. Maybe try turning rumble off and see if that fixes the beeping. My other explanation is that the Wiimote is a bomb, and you should probably dispose of it.

6. nando
    OP

United States

i was fearing a bomb.. ether that or it's trying to place a long distance call over my wifi. the rumble and the sound are off, i never quite liked it.

it's just weird that it only happens with mp3.

7. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    From Nintendo of America Tech Forum:

Please feel free to give us a call at 1-800-255-3700. Please let your friend know that they can also give us a call, to further discuss the black Wii Remote they purchased. We have representatives available between 6 AM and 7 PM Pacific Time, seven days a week.

Please have the time to call them. They might do something like replacing it or something - I dont know.

8. nando
    OP

United States

wow, thank you for inquiring on my behalf.

i did give them a call and they wanted to set up the remotes for repair, but quite frankly i didn't feel like sending them in plus it might not be nintendo's duty to repair them. so i opened them up and i disconnected the speaker and the problem is no more. it is such a useless feature anyway and now my wiimotes are quiet.

so if you all get some fake wiimotes with the same problem just cut off the speaker.