Black Sigil new screens

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, Oct 6, 2008.

Oct 6, 2008

Black Sigil new screens by granville at 5:27 AM (1,034 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Black Sigil Blade of the Exiled began as a Gameboy Advance game several years ago (originally called Project Exile). It is in development by a infant Canadian company called Studio Archcraft. After being delayed numerous times over the years, it eventually got pushed up to the DS and is now being published by Graffiti Entertainment.

It is an RPG in a similar vein to the classic SNES game Chrono Trigger. It even uses an ATB system of sorts and the graphics are startlingly similar.

This game is supposed to be out this year, but no word on a date. Anyways, there came new screens today (at least they appear new) and a fact sheet.

The world of Bel Lenora is home to a people born with the innate ability to control magic, but long ago a man with no magic arrived and unleashed great death and destruction on the land. It has been 15 years since that man was banished by a great general, but a new man with no magic has appeared in Bel Lenora. Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled tells the story of Kairu, a brave young knight with a cursed soul, as he embarks on a twisting quest full of dark secrets and real-time battles. Players can choose from eight different characters as they form unique parties of three and head out on what publisher Graffiti Entertainment claims is 30-hour adventure full of plentiful side-quests. Along the way characters can master more than 100 magical skills, wield more than 100 different weapons, and protect themselves with more than 200 pieces of armor.

Features:

* Vivid environments create a realistic yet imaginative landscape
    * 30+ hours of game play with tons of side-quests
    * Dark secrets and powerful plot twists create an original and intriguing story line
    * Strategically customize your 3 person party from up to 8 unique characters
    * 100+ different physical and magical skills/combos
    * 100+ different weapons
    * 200+ different pieces of armor

There are about 30 screens that can be found here:
    http://ds-x2.com/news/Black%2BSigil%253A%2...s%2C11966,11966

I'm sorry that I can't post them directly. The site won't let me hotlink.

2. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    aww hell I want this bad!

3. granville
    OP

United States

4. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Hmm...could turn out to be good. We'll have to wait and see

5. granville
    OP

United States
    I'm more worried that it will "turn out" at all. The game is, like, Duke Nukem Forever's little brother. [​IMG]

6. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    You mean you're worried that it WON'T come out?

After seeing these screens... i wish to god allah buddah and who and what ever there is that it WILL COME!

7. granville
    OP

United States
    Yeah. It was supposed to come out in February or something. Actually, it was supposed to have been out years ago on GBA, but somehow, it's never made it.

The problem is that the game is actually "finished". It's been in beta testing since the beginning of the year. They just can't figure out if they feel like releasing it. [​IMG]

8. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I was hoping that they would have sorted out the text on the top screen as it looks a little off in places.

Its being published by Grafitti Entertainment and they have this habit of being a bit shit at what they do, they kept delaying Mazes of Fates, and this game as well as C.O.R.E. It would be nice if they grew some balls and let the games be sold no matter what else is out. These are games that sell slowly, they are growers and they do well with good reviews and word of mouth.