Black screen when physical game inserted after installing Homebrew

paintedpanda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I installed Homebrew on my WiiU today by following this video with the intention of downloading guitar hero DLCs.

Problem is that when insert the game CD and click on it to play, the screen goes black and the wiimote disconnects/turns off.

I've been googling for a couple hours now and it seems like it's an issue with one of the cIOS. I've tried updating the slots and bases to the ones suggested on wiiu.hacks.guide but when I try to set the base to 56 and slot to 249 I receive an error that says "TMD Version wrong 5662 != 5918" and "Error(s) occurred during c10S429 d2x-v11-beta1-vWii base 56 rev21011 installation." The others can be changed no problem.

i am very very new to this so any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

)

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The first thing you did wrong was following a random video guide. This guide tells you to download Tiramisu from some google drive but Tiramisu isn't distributed via google drive officially, so whatever you installed is probably horribly outdated and might contain bugs which have been fixed long ago. We can't give any support for that, the youtuber is in charge of this.

So revert that, then follow the official guide to install the correct version of Tiramisu: https://wiiu.hacks.guide

Last edited by V10lator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4