Hacking Black Screen GC Injected Games

Daily

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue with GC injected games that when I launch them from the WiiU menu the game will black screen and freeze after the Wii logo appears and requires me to unplug the console. I've tried fresh installs of Nintendont from manual install to using WiiUUsbHelper and WiiVC Injector to generate the files and I get the same results. The only way I can get the games to launch is by going into the vWii launching Nintendont then relaunching the GC game in the WiiU menu. I did some googling and this seems to be an issue for some people but all their attempts at fixing it led to a dead end. I'm probably missing something, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm running CBHC/Haxchi on FW 5.5.3

Thanks

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is an known issue, there is not common factor that causes this, your workaround is what some people do to get it to work, while for others this workaround method doesn't even work.

Have you tried installing the GC inject to your SYSTEM NAND instead of your USB drive and testing to see if it works? Make sure you unplug your USB drive before testing, however a word of warning, if you heaps of games sorted in folders, etc, on the WiiU Menu, once you re plug the USB drive all your sorting will be lost, the WiiU dumps all game icons on the main menu, so you have to re sort them again.

Mcm98

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue with GC injected games that when I launch them from the WiiU menu the game will black screen and freeze after the Wii logo appears and requires me to unplug the console. I've tried fresh installs of Nintendont from manual install to using WiiUUsbHelper and WiiVC Injector to generate the files and I get the same results. The only way I can get the games to launch is by going into the vWii launching Nintendont then relaunching the GC game in the WiiU menu. I did some googling and this seems to be an issue for some people but all their attempts at fixing it led to a dead end. I'm probably missing something, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm running CBHC/Haxchi on FW 5.5.3

Thanks

Sorry for necroing but this worked for me:

I suffered with this issue for a year until I figured out the problem. I use teconmoons wiiu vc injector and haxchi, using wup installer x2 for the installs. Nintendont is downloaded on my sd card. All games were installed in nand. So basically before you build your game in WIIVC injector, open advanced and disable autoboot. Unfortunately you will have to do this for every game you want to inject. Install the game with wup installer and start it. You will get taken to the nintendont menu where you can enable memcard emulation and wiiu widescreen. You should be able to boot the game without any issues from the nintendont menu! I'm sure for many people here this will be a no brainer and obvious (lol!) But it took me a long time to figure this out and judging from some posts online, many others are struggling with the black screen of death. So I hope this ends up helping someone out. I know if I found this info a year ago it would have saved me many headaches!

Last edited by Mcm98,
Reactions: xs4all

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry for necroing but this worked for me:

I suffered with this issue for a year until I figured out the problem. I use teconmoons wiiu vc injector and haxchi, using wup installer x2 for the installs. Nintendont is downloaded on my sd card. All games were installed in nand. So basically before you build your game in WIIVC injector, open advanced and disable autoboot. Unfortunately you will have to do this for every game you want to inject. Install the game with wup installer and start it. You will get taken to the nintendont menu where you can enable memcard emulation and wiiu widescreen. You should be able to boot the game without any issues from the nintendont menu! I'm sure for many people here this will be a no brainer and obvious (lol!) But it took me a long time to figure this out and judging from some posts online, many others are struggling with the black screen of death. So I hope this ends up helping someone out. I know if I found this info a year ago it would have saved me many headaches!

Thanks for this tip, Im sure this may help others, unfortunately in the past I got people to try this with no luck. This black screen issue is a hit and miss for some.

The more troubleshooting tips the better.

Reactions: Mcm98

Mcm98

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for this tip, Im sure this may help others, unfortunately in the past I got people to try this with no luck. This black screen issue is a hit and miss for some.

The more troubleshooting tips the better.

Thats unfortunate. I theorize that for some it is simply the wii u that is the problem. Still, if it helps someone than it's better than nothing. Hopefully there can be some solution found that works for everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol