Hacking Black Screen from Multiman Game?

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to run Katamari Forever (BLES00658) from Multiman. It's the EUR version and in JB Format unfortuntely.

PS3 Slim CECH-2001A, running Rebug 4.86.1 LTE with Cobra

I installed the folder with that GameID to the GAMES folder in the HDD, it's recognized by Multiman and shows up as a Disc in the XMB.

It launches, I can watch the opening cutscene and even choose a Save File with which to start a new game. But that's as far as I get before Black Screen.

I did turn on "Internal" and "BD Mirror" in Mutiman for it, forget where I read that. I was testing on a really old TV from the dawn of HDMI, and had to customize the Display settings to force 780p instead of 480p in order to launch from XMB but I feel like that's not the issue since I am still getting as far as I am.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, PS3 is not freezing. I can quit to XMB during this black screen

Last edited by Reaga,

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you are running the iso from webman, thats where there is best compatibility.
Ok. I don't even have Webman. I saw multiple downloads for it and wasn't sure which one was what I was looking for so I stuck with regular Multiman.

Though it's not an ISO, not sure how much that matters here. It's the Folders

Reactions: Aew4life

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who come here for a similar reason:
Under "PS3_Game/Movies", there was a folder titled "OsFr". This is the French version of the cutscenes. Rename it to "OsEn" or whatever, "En" is because my PS3 is set to English.

Cutscenes are subtitled in French because that's the files that exist in that folder that it was failing to find before, but I skip them anyway. In-game texts are localized to English though so I can still read level requirements and most of the "plot" of Katamari. Just skipping cutscenes because it's just Katamari.

AgentBlackX

Trophies
XP
Country
India
For those who come here for a similar reason:
Under "PS3_Game/Movies", there was a folder titled "OsFr". This is the French version of the cutscenes. Rename it to "OsEn" or whatever, "En" is because my PS3 is set to English.

Cutscenes are subtitled in French because that's the files that exist in that folder that it was failing to find before, but I skip them anyway. In-game texts are localized to English though so I can still read level requirements and most of the "plot" of Katamari. Just skipping cutscenes because it's just Katamari.

Can you provide the path if File?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning