Black screen, does not switch on at all

andw93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all guys, I am writing to you on a very bad occasion, but hoping for your help, I am panicking!
I'm a former Sx os user and yesterday in updating atmosphere I made some mess that led me to redo everything from scratch.
Today I updated the fw of my switch and at the same time also atmosphere.
All working and ok , I also installed an nsp and all went well.
I left my switch, I don't remember if it was off or in sleep and now it won't start!
Black screen. I have never activated RMC. It won't even start when I insert the SX OS stick (I had it set to start atmosphere) and the stick itself doesn't light up.
I've tried holding the power button down for twenty seconds and nothing, I've tried inserting the charger and nothing and it doesn't work even when inserted in the base.
I've even tried removing the micro sd but still all dark.
What can I do?

UPDATE:

I solved my evidently hardware problem by taking it to a technician. A capacitor on the card responsible for audio video had shorted out. I got away with it at little expense .
Thanks to all those who made themselves available and tried to help me!

Last edited by andw93,

andw93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
are you using dongle or pc to boot cfw?
make sure that you hold power for around 15 seconds, look at a watch if you have to
Tried with both

No light comes on on the dongle, but I'm pretty sure it's charged.

If I plug it (the dongle) into the pc it is a steady green light.
Before the brick when I did the combination it would flash green. Now it's dead.

When i plug it on pc Tegrarcm say : No RCM deviece connected

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Tried with both

No light comes on on the dongle, but I'm pretty sure it's charged.

If I plug it (the dongle) into the pc it is a steady green light.
Before the brick when I did the combination it would flash green. Now it's dead.

When i plug it on pc Tegrarcm say : No RCM deviece connected
if the common method doesn't work then I don't know
wait for some experts to reply

Reactions: andw93

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not taking anything for granted here: After you hold the power button for 15 seconds, did you go into RCM or just press the power button?

Reactions: andw93

andw93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not taking anything for granted here: After you hold the power button for 15 seconds, did you go into RCM or just press the power button?
Yes, after holding down the button I try to boot with the left dongle and the power and volume + button.
Everything stays black.
The thing I notice is that while, when everything was ok, I did this procedure the dongle blinked once with a green light, while now everything is off.
I can assure you that the dongle works, I have also tried connecting it to the PC.
Do you think the fact that when I put it in the base the base light flashes green once is a good thing?

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, after holding down the button I try to boot with the left dongle and the power and volume + button.
What do you mean the left dongle? The dongle goes in the USB-C port correct? And you do have the jig on the right joy-con slot when you press vol+ and power button correct?

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Everything stays black.
The thing I notice is that while, when everything was ok, I did this procedure the dongle blinked once with a green light, while now everything is off.
I can assure you that the dongle works, I have also tried connecting it to the PC.
Do you think the fact that when I put it in the base the base light flashes green once is a good thing?
if you saw the dongle blinked once then still black screen then you need to hold the power again for 15s

andw93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What do you mean the left dongle? The dongle goes in the USB-C port correct? And you do have the jig on the right joy-con slot when you press vol+ and power button correct?
Yes the jig and dongle were in the correct position but no sign of life
if you saw the dongle blinked once then still black screen then you need to hold the power again for 15s
The dongle used to flash, every time I did the procedure, but since the console gives me this problem it doesn't do it anymore.It is the dock that now flashes when I insert the console in the base, but still the screen remains black

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes the jig and dongle were in the correct position but no sign of life

The dongle used to flash, every time I did the procedure, but since the console gives me this problem it doesn't do it anymore.It is the dock that now flashes when I insert the console in the base, but still the screen remains black
Have you tried using other USB ports and/or cables? Maybe you have an Android phone to try and send a payload?

andw93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
UPDATE:

I solved my evidently hardware problem by taking it to a technician. A capacitor on the card responsible for audio video had shorted out. I got away with it at little expense .
Thanks to all those who made themselves available and tried to help me!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated