Hacking Black screen and hard lock when trying to launch gamecube games via SD

ThE MaSTeR 3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Havent touched my Wii in over a year. Found out you can now run gamecube games from sd thanks to something called mios dios lite so figured I'd get back into screwing around with my modded Wii.

Well I...

-fully updated my configurable usb loader to the latest version. Yes its the latest mod version with gamecube support. Even made a custom skin

-updated my ios according to the "Modify ANY Wii 4.3 & below" topic. everything went smoothly.

-ran my gamecube isos threw discex and put the converted games in a "games" folder on the root of my SD.

-installed latest 2.2 mios dios lite wad.

-gamecube games shows up in config usb loader. I select it and... black screen! no matter what settings I try same result. black screen and console hard locks.

anyone have any idea what the problem is?

EDIT: oh, and as a bonus my retail gamecube discs no longer work from the disc channel anymore! But read this is supposed to happen? Truthfully I wouldnt really care if I could get them working from SD.

EDIT 2: just tried the newly released mios dios 2.3 (usb) and it works! Used a 4GB USB to test. Now if only I could get the mios dios 2.3 lite link to work. Cause I'd rather play GC from SD. My Wii 320GB hdd is in wbfs so cant play GC from that.

ThE MaSTeR 3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check this out: http://gbatemp.net/t291320-wbfs2fat-py
use it to convert your drive to FAT32 with no loss of games on the drive, and play BOTH GC and Wii now.....
and, yeah, when you install DML or DM, you break your ability to play from disc, unless you reinstall the MIOS

thats sounds nice... but risky. Also how do you get dual layer games to work on a fat32 drive? fat32 cant have things over 4GB.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything over 4GB is automatically split with the conversion, also, use Wii Backup Manager for transferring
from PC to USB for Wii games, GC games, just copy over to usb by click and drag to a folder on usb called games.
Easy, and I and many others use FAT32, no glitches whatsoever....

ThE MaSTeR 3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and that wii backup manager will handle future dual layer games I install automatically? Well I guess I'll try this method out... but where do I get the wbfs to fat32 for windows? I only see a linux version.

ThE MaSTeR 3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also anyone want to give a second opinion? Is fat32 pretty much the standard now and people still on wbfs are noobs? I have been away for over a year after all lol

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Is fat32 pretty much the standard now and people still on wbfs are noobs?
Yes :P
(No offence. All of us had to make the switch over decision one day.)

As far as the converter program. There's a windows version included. Just open the file with WinRAR and go to the Windows folder.

EDIT : Also, because of some errors in the code everyone was sharing to use WBFS drives for backup launchers, deleting one game may actually also delete part of another game, too, so be careful (I lost a copy of Smash Bros this way)

Reactions: 1 person

ThE MaSTeR 3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, I'll try it later. hope everything goes smoothly.

EDIT: well finally got the link for the newly released dios mios 2.3 to work. And guess what? GC games work perfectly from SD now. So really no reason to convert my drive to fat32 now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn