dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
if you've played black ops on your wii today you might have noticed in the news,that an update will be released in 24 hours!
here's what the devs over at COD forum say

Hey Wii gamers,

We are listening to you and continue to work on updates to the game based on your feedback. Our first update is now complete and will be available within the next 24 hours!

You must have a Wii Shop Channel account in order to download the update. Visit http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...Shop.jsp#access for information on the Wii Shop Channel.

The game will prompt you to download the update when you start Multiplayer once it is available. If you are already running the game at this time, switch to Single Player and restart Multiplayer to get it. The update cannot be downloaded from Zombies, and you will be prompted to switch over to Multiplayer in order to access it.

LIVE FIXES:
11/23
o Unable to connect to multiplayer without switching profiles
o Freezes during matchmaking when using the LAN adapter
o Players were sometimes kicked out af a game right before it started
o Changes to custom controls and options were not saving correctly (“Unbound glitch”)
o Wager match specific bug in Radiation that caused dead players to teleport
o Fixed "care package glitch" where player could get infinite number of 'Sam Turret', 'Care Package', and 'Sentry Gun' killstreaks

I've gotta say...I'm impressed!
yaywii.gif

a patch for a wii game?that's cool
biggrin.gif

so,those of us who play the game via usb loaders are ok to download this?will it mess up anything?
actually...it seems that the update is imperative so we don't really get a choice.

ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE

You DO NOT need an updated shop channel to download the patch.
You DO NOT need to enter the shop channel to download the patch.

You NEED to have used the shop channel at least once, in the entire lifetime of your console, not once today, not once in a while, ONCE, to create an account and to be eligeble to download the patch.

if you're using NTSC version on PAL wii OR PAL version on NTSC wii then you won't get the update,but you CAN do the following.
If you want the download content and you have NTSC ISO running on PAL use "RegionFrii 1.21 / SYNDiCATE" http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=54138 to change your usa iso too europe and use "WIIISORenamerv3" http://www.mediafire.com/?dymtotgmxf3 to change from SC7E52 to SC7P52 and just rename it exactly the same. You still get to use your same save game.
And now you can download the DLC when you start your wi-fi multiplayer match

TO DOWNLOAD THE PATCH YOU NEED TO CONNECT TO WI-FI THOUGH THE GAME!
DON'T SEARCH THE SHOP CHANNEL FOR THE UPDATE
THE UPDATE TAKES UP 59 BLOCKS IN YOUR WII'S MEMORY so make sure you got enough space

thanks to everyone who came up with solutions to download the patch
yaywii.gif

strict9gs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i updated my wii shop channel through modmii, and all i get when i access it is a 002 error???, now i cant play multiplayer, wtf???.....im on a 4.2u wii any help would be awesome

dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
maybe oo2 error fix option though usb loader GX?

dunno...

erm....why did you update your shop channel in the 1st place?
it says when you go and select multiplayer IN-GAME, a message will pop up to download the patch.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
strict9gs said:
ok i updated my wii shop channel through modmii, and all i get when i access it is a 002 error???, now i cant play multiplayer, wtf???.....im on a 4.2u wii any help would be awesome

are you using a current version of modmii? ...the nintendo servers are looking for SCv20....
the new shop channel v20 runs on the newest IOS56....try updating that as well.....

QUOTE(dysan @ Nov 23 2010, 10:13 AM) erm....why did you update your shop channel in the 1st place?
it says when you go and select multiplayer IN-GAME, a message will pop up to download the patch.

your OP says Shop Channel is required; if so, it'll stand to reason it's gonna have to be the current version....just because it's an in game update doesn't mean it doesn't utilize it....

dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
tried connecting to black ops wi-fi and it says

"unable to connect to the servers,try again later"

no message to download anything.

so,either we all need to install this update manually or the servers are really down...

anyone know what's going on?

strict9gs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok im an idiot, got the shop channel working, had missing ios's......(ios56 to be exact), channel working now, and the update for this game is now installing, thanks for the help!!!

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dysan said:
tried connecting to black ops wi-fi and it says

"unable to connect to the servers,try again later"

no message to download anything.

so,either we all need to install this update manually or the servers are really down...

anyone know what's going on?

maybe do what strict9 did and update your SC.....

owerlord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So what do i needd to do? update my shop channel? and how? should i wait for another option?
im on 4.1E

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
owerlord said:
So what do i needd to do? update my shop channel? and how? should i wait for another option?
im on 4.1E

use current modmii....download SCv20 and IOS56...install via HBC/MMM....

the only other option will likely be to wait for someone to upload the .wad for the update...then you won't have to update SC or IOS56, but it'll still be an install through HBC/MMM

owerlord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
brausm08 said:
owerlord said:
im on 4.1E

the only other option will likely be to wait for someone to upload the .wad for the update...then you won't have to update SC or IOS56, but it'll still be an install through HBC/MMM

is this safe/hard to do?
if i install that does my old games still work fine?
current version of modmii?

step by step how to use modmii?
ohmy.gif
im not so good with this, sorry for asking noob questions

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this safe/hard to do? safe:yes...hard:no
if i install that does my old games still work fine? old games will work fine
current version of modmii? download modmii from the sticky at the top of this forum...or just look for any of xflax's posts; the link to modmii is in his signature

step by step how to use modmii? it's extremely self explanatory once you get it going

dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
owerlord said:
brausm08 said:
owerlord said:
im on 4.1E

is this safe/hard to do?
if i install that does my old games still work fine?
current version of modmii?

step by step how to use modmii?
ohmy.gif
im not so good with this, sorry for asking noob questions

seconded

also,I was able to connect to wi-fi after all, and play some matches but I always lost connection and kicked me out out of the game.
and still...no message saying to download anything.
maybe because I live in Europe?.......and have an NTSC version of the game....*gulp*...I hope there's no conflict between my wii and game version
unsure.gif

owerlord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
brausm08 said:
current version of modmii? download modmii from the sticky at the top of this forum...or just look for any of xflax's posts; the link to modmii is in his signature

step by step how to use modmii? it's extremely self explanatory once you get it going

ty for the info = ) i feel confident on updating it = D

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
I loaded Black-Ops here in the UK at about 3:30pm updated ok, don't know if this block my online acess though as the kids came home from school, and the wife doesn't like me playing games where I shoot people in the face when the kids are there.

owerlord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
brausm08 said:

umm i downloaded modmii so how do i download SC20 and IOS56 i cant find em on bootmii? : o

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
It's nice to see that Treyarch and Activision are actually caring for the Wii version of the game as well. I'm surprised to see a patch for a Wii game, this must be a first. Props to them for putting the effort in at the very least.

dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
chop said:
I loaded Black-Ops here in the UK at about 3:30pm updated ok, don't know if this block my online acess though as the kids came home from school, and the wife doesn't like me playing games where I shoot people in the face when the kids are there.

do you have PAL version of the game or NTSC?

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow. Thats cool. Just feels well how they DO care about the players on the wii. A patch that fixes those annyoing bugs
yaywii.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tandem even
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released