Black Ops 2 and fw 5.0.0

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by Madalone, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Madalone
    OP

Madalone Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2014
    Lisboa
    Hi, first of all, I'd like to apologize if I'm posting in the wrong section or sound generally dumb when it comes to this gaming system. I'm a fairly new WiiU owner.

I have a WiiU that has been in storage for almost a year running fw 5.0.0. vWii runs fine with usb loader and all that jazz, very pleased with my toy. Even got a Walther P99 replica wii controller and a bunch of accessories that'd make my 10-year old self want to be my best friend. Funny enough, my 10-year old self had an 8-bit with Duck Hunt among other titles.

Anyway, before I recklessly plugged it into my brand-new 60-inch TV and connected it to the interwebs, I did some reading as I'm quite familiar with recklessly upgrading hardware's fw and it's adverse effects on my health (aka buying a game that sucks because I don't get to try it first, glad steam's introducing refunds now). So I went ahead and filtered all nintendo update servers through mydns as advised here.

Today I ordered Black Ops 2 (european release, I think) because I love shooting games. As I rejoiced in the thoughts of shooting virtual folk dead with my wiigun in HD, got to thinking about the fw update.. See, I'd like to take advantage of any future exploits. I read on the aforementioned post that some discs have the 5.3.2 update aka the latest safe version on them and Mario Party 10 is one of them.

Now I'm wondering whether I should maybe get my hands on a copy of Mario Party 10 and update my console with it because I might not be able to run BO2 (Body Odor 2.. hehe) or does the BO2 disk contain the necessary update? Or do I need them both? Also, will BO2 need to connect to the nintendo update servers or any of the blocked addresses? Maybe there's another way to update to 5.3.2?

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks a bunch in advance and later on too. May the gods of technology be favorable to you even if you just read this post.

Last edited by Madalone, Jun 17, 2015
  2. keven3477

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somwhere you can never find.
    it is doubtful black ops 2 will require a system update since it came near the beginning of the wiiu lifespan, if it does require to be a higher update Mario party 10 or splatoon (which is another shooter you might like, but requires a software update for online) have the 5.3.2 update you want.
    However, if it requires a software update for online, you will need E-shop access which is only allowed if you are on the latest system firmware.

3. Madalone
    OP

Madalone Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2014
    Lisboa
    makes sense. thank you!

keven3477 likes this.