Gaming Bizarre Soulsilver glitch

An00bis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I downloaded my SS rom off of a youtube video (not linking due to the fact that the video links to a rom...). Anyway, the description said "HG/SS ROM Save/Anti-Freeze FIX!!! For use with r4, may not work on no$gba". I should add that I'm on r4 firmware 1.18 (or wahtever the latest is on their site). I played the game all day sunday and it worked with some minor issues; it would freeze about every 30 minutes (black screen w/ quiet music freeze). I didn't mind though, since I just saved frequently and new when a freeze would be coming.

So I come back to play it today, and it's freezing I'd say every minute and a half to 2 minutes (basically whenever I enter a building or a battle
frown.gif
). I'm at the route right after you battle sudowoodo.

So is this happening due to the fact taht the .sav is getting too much memory into it for my crappy r4 to handle? Or is it something else? I haven't changed any settings since I last played (haven't even removed my microsd) :|

An00bis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, because I tried with an untouched normal Soul Silver rom and got an anti-piracy error
frown.gif

Is there a newer firmware than 1.18, but I'm not finding it since it's not on their official website?

fenthwick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a R4 with 1.18 firmware. Used the Patch/Fix from Rudolph ('http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RXLXHBP6')
I haven't had any blackscreen after I used it, however, I haven't played that much. Just about 1h but no freeze. (I'm also using one of those English patches)

brissmas

Trophies
XP
Country
An00bis said:
No, because I tried with an untouched normal Soul Silver rom and got an anti-piracy error
frown.gif

Is there a newer firmware than 1.18, but I'm not finding it since it's not on their official website?
Nope theres not a newer firmware and you should use Rudolphs patch as stated above.

An00bis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aight, so I succesfully patched Rudolph's thing and everything, but the rom gives me an anti-piracy warning
frown.gif
. Every single rom I've tried has given me this problem (even that translation 3.8 with 72 page views). The one exception is off of this youtube link :|

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol