Bizarre Soulsilver glitch

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by An00bis, Sep 16, 2009.

Sep 16, 2009

Bizarre Soulsilver glitch by An00bis at 1:24 AM (986 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. An00bis
    OP

Newcomer An00bis Advanced Member

United States
    So I downloaded my SS rom off of a youtube video (not linking due to the fact that the video links to a rom...). Anyway, the description said "HG/SS ROM Save/Anti-Freeze FIX!!! For use with r4, may not work on no$gba". I should add that I'm on r4 firmware 1.18 (or wahtever the latest is on their site). I played the game all day sunday and it worked with some minor issues; it would freeze about every 30 minutes (black screen w/ quiet music freeze). I didn't mind though, since I just saved frequently and new when a freeze would be coming.

So I come back to play it today, and it's freezing I'd say every minute and a half to 2 minutes (basically whenever I enter a building or a battle [​IMG]). I'm at the route right after you battle sudowoodo.

So is this happening due to the fact taht the .sav is getting too much memory into it for my crappy r4 to handle? Or is it something else? I haven't changed any settings since I last played (haven't even removed my microsd) :|

2. MyauChanDesu

Member MyauChanDesu Kamineko is GOD.

Australia
    or maybe it's not really a fix~

3. An00bis
    OP

United States
    No, because I tried with an untouched normal Soul Silver rom and got an anti-piracy error [​IMG]

Is there a newer firmware than 1.18, but I'm not finding it since it's not on their official website?

4. fenthwick

Member fenthwick GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    I have a R4 with 1.18 firmware. Used the Patch/Fix from Rudolph ('http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RXLXHBP6')
    I haven't had any blackscreen after I used it, however, I haven't played that much. Just about 1h but no freeze. (I'm also using one of those English patches)

5. brissmas

Member brissmas GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Nope theres not a newer firmware and you should use Rudolphs patch as stated above.

6. An00bis
    OP

United States
    Aight, so I succesfully patched Rudolph's thing and everything, but the rom gives me an anti-piracy warning [​IMG]. Every single rom I've tried has given me this problem (even that translation 3.8 with 72 page views). The one exception is off of this youtube link :|