Bioshock 3 delayed until 2013

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right lets try this again, sorry mods for the mess up before hand

The long-awaited third instalment in the Bioshock series has been delayed until next year.
The video game's developer said that it needed more time and money. That means it will avoid competing directly with big-budget first-person shooter rivals, including Halo 4 and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

I for one am kind of glad about this, there's too many games being rushed out now and being fixed with after launch updates, the fact that they have an idea and they want that idea to work can't be a bad thing, can it.

I guess we'll have to wait till February to find out

Source

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know a few (now former) BioShock fans who have already lost faith in the series. BioShock 2 was apparently pretty shit and many original BioShock fans are saying Infinite looks even worse.

Personally, I didn't think the first one was good at all, so I don't give a shit.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no Bioshock 3, Bioshock Infinite is its own separate story featuring characters not in the first two titles. It exists in the same universe and that's all.

I can wait for this game, I want them to get it just right. I didn't mind the second game but it wasn't that great. It wasn't by the original developers but they did a decent job considering Take Two were rushing them to get something out quickly but to me it felt more like a Expansion pack like Half-Life Opposing Force was.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know a few (now former) BioShock fans who have already lost faith in the series. BioShock 2 was apparently pretty shit and many original BioShock fans are saying Infinite looks even worse.

Personally, I didn't think the first one was good at all, so I don't give a shit.

Um, what? Bioshock 2 was actually pretty great; it didn't have the powerful twist of the first, sure, but it didn't have the original's third act troubles either. Really, I (just speaking for myself) can't wait to see how Infinite turns out. Ken Levine's stuff isn't always amazing, but it's certainly interesting more often than not.

Anyway, this delay will probably be to the game's benefit. In the holiday season, it would be a major struggle to not get swept aside. With a little breathing room, though, the game will hopefully have a chance to shine.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, what? Bioshock 2 was actually pretty great; it didn't have the powerful twist of the first, sure, but it didn't have the original's third act troubles either. Really, I (just speaking for myself) can't wait to see how Infinite turns out. Ken Levine's stuff isn't always amazing, but it's certainly interesting more often than not.

Anyway, this delay will probably be to the game's benefit. In the holiday season, it would be a major struggle to not get swept aside. With a little breathing room, though, the game will hopefully have a chance to shine.

Well you were the only one out of the BioShock players that liked the second one. I've just heard pretty negative things about it.

Mind you anything BioShock to me is just kinda a turd anyway.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked it too. It didn't have as striking a story or presentation as the first game, but that's because the story wasn't the same story. The first game was pummeling in its telling--the second one isn't mean to be so traumatic. It's a more passive trauma. The second game certainly could have done things better, but in my opinion, it was just as great as the first one overall. While the first game was more thematic and enjoyable, the ending parts of Bioshock 2 were more important and personally-affecting than the first one.

I'm curious to see what Infinite pushes out.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well you were the only one out of the BioShock players that liked the second one. I've just heard pretty negative things about it.

Mind you anything BioShock to me is just kinda a turd anyway.

I was a bit confused because I just haven't heard anything exceedingly negative about the second game (Zero Punctuation review aside, but that's Yahtzee). I've heard a lot of people who didn't love it, or didn't think it was as good as the original, sure, but nothing too much beyond that.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bioshock 2 was fantastic. I don't think it was as...atmospheric as the first, but that's only because you'd seen it all before. Though it still threw some new stuff in.
Both were great games. I loved the feel of them, and combat was just a blast once you got into it. There were SO many ways you could go about doing shit. I know in Bio 2 I ran basically the final half of the game purely using the drill and plasmids.

Sad to see 3 get delayed, but hell if it's to make it even more amazing, they can go right ahead. I'll await eagerly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1