Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
gallery_128734_403_28839.jpg

A Formspring user took it upon themselves to ask Team Meat's Edmund McMillen about a possible Binding of Isaac port to the 3DS.
The user, MonkehNL, asked Edmund on his Formspring page "Do you plan to ever release Binding of Isaac on the 3DS..." and got a response of "A publisher I know is currently asking Nintendo if they would be ok with Isaac on the 3DS, if they say yes then ill had the game off to them and let them port it."

So there you have it, after the disappointing news of Super Meat Boy having no chance of coming to the 3DS, there's still a glimmer of hope left for Team Meat's newest title arriving on the 3D handheld.

icon11.gif
Source

Reactions: 2 people

rasta1777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If this happens i might be interested.
Liked Super Meat Boy, and i'm liking Binding of Isaac.
And Portability? Hell F***ing yes please!
a cheap game ported to the 3DS, and magically getting a 40$ price tag on the cart? you would be interested in that?

if it happens, please Publishers of this world, dont be pathetic, keep this a downloadable game... imo. 500-700 nintendo points tops

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Team Meat did not make The Binding of Isaac, but it has the same designer as Super Meat Boy: Edmund McMillen.

Giratina3

Official Lilac of GBATemp
Trophies
XP
Country
If this happens i might be interested.
Liked Super Meat Boy, and i'm liking Binding of Isaac.
And Portability? Hell F***ing yes please!
a cheap game ported to the 3DS, and magically getting a 40$ price tag on the cart? you would be interested in that?

if it happens, please Publishers of this world, dont be pathetic, keep this a downloadable game... imo. 500-700 nintendo points tops
It will most likely be on the eShop.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team Meat did not make The Binding of Isaac, but it has the same designer as Super Meat Boy: Edmund McMillen.
It's 2/3 the same team. Music's by Danny B, just like SMB, art and design by Edmund, only the programmer and co-designer is different. Edmund is the main reason I played the game. His works are spectacular.

I would gladly buy this game on the eShop to show my support. Especially since I got it for such a good price from the Humble Voxatron Debut. Just like I bought VVVVVV today because I got it from HIB3.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way I would buy it AGAIN is if it had a save feature.

I love the game, but why in the name of the Holy Triforce can't I save?
The whole point of not having save is to increase replayability and to add challenge to a game. There was an article that explained this so much better than I ever could, but for the life of me I can't find it. .__.

Vigilante

TempLurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just played the game,all I have to say is I hate the game.
Seriously,the controls are the worst,no save,die once and repeat the whole thing and the whole game is random.
Super Meat Boy was way better than this(I liked the challenge of getting the bandages),I have to agree with ShadowSoldier with what he is saying about the game.

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
I wouldn't say the game is crap. It's really complete, there are a lot of enemies, lots of weapons and items and I'd say it's worth the price Team Meat are asking for (ie +- 5$).

But yeah, Binding of Isaac is nowhere near as good as Super Meat Boy.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am excited hopefully it wont be $40 like cave story.
Also to the people that say it suck it sounds like you are bad at the game or don't understand the mechanics. Tears can curve to angles, the game is a little over an hour long hence no save, random to create new challenges and go through the tons of combinations of powers. or maybe you aren't into the loz/roguelike experience

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
stop comparing isaac to meatboy, they are so very different in gameplay. and for what its supposed to do, isaac is a wonderful game, not to say that it shouldnt get a suspended save feature on a portable console, as its really nothing to start and finish on the go, but a real save, fu, then you might as well start the game with everything unlocked and invincible.

i dont expect nintendo to show lots of interest to a game that has a nude boy shot tears of blood at splattering monsters that piss, poop and vomit you to death...

as for super meat boy, that ridiculous "we cant release it on this and we cant release it on that" really is annoying. bet they could, but just dont want to

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyways, I hate Binding of Isaac. It's a piece of crap game. I wrote a blog so I'm keeping this short.

Agreed. I got it as kinda the "headliner" in an Indie Bundle and tried playing it. It was really dull and boring. I thought it was sorta supposed to be like those "old top down Zelda games" but those games are miles better. It was overall really dumb. Good music though.

D

Deleted_171835

I would get it if they do end up releasing it. The eShop is getting a lot of great games.

Why isn't Super Meat Boy heading to the 3DS? Hardware limitations?
No, that was the excuse for not putting it on DSi. There is no excuse for not putting it on 3DS.
The resolution would probably be too low.

Just played the game,all I have to say is I hate the game.
Seriously,the controls are the worst,no save,die once and repeat the whole thing and the whole game is random.
Super Meat Boy was way better than this(I liked the challenge of getting the bandages),I have to agree with ShadowSoldier with what he is saying about the game.
That's the whole point of the fucking game. You're not supposed to be able to save and the dungeons are supposed to be random. The controls work fine if you're using them properly. Honestly, I doubt that half of the people complaining have ever played a Rogue-like game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up