BigBlueMenu Install Failed! [HELP]

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Akira, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Akira
    OP

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

Apr 28, 2013
    Hi Guys,

So as the title says, I am having problems installing BigBlueMenu.cia. I am following this tutorial, so im at the point where I need to install BigBlueMenu. I downloaded everything the tutorial provided. I installed mini-pasta(since PastaCFW is not working with me, only gives me a black screen, both version), launch it using Menuhax HBL, then upon loading mini-pasta, I accessed HBL again by going to system settings, closing it, then holding L to access Menuhax HBL. Once im inside HBL again, I use FBI to install BigBlueMenu but whenever i am installing it, i always gets this error:

Install failed!
    BigBlueMenu.cia
    Source: SOURCE_FSFILE_WRITE_ (0x1c)
    Module: MODULE_NN_AM (0x20)
    Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1b)
    Summary: SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0x7)
    Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_SIGNATURE (0x6a)

I am using o3ds on 9.2 FW. I downgraded from 10.3 using this tutorial.

Hope you can help me. Thanks in advance. And hoping I am in the right thread. :D

2. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Shiny Mew!

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    I think when you open and close system settings you get rid of signature patches you will need something like Browserhax.

einhuman197 and Akira like this.
  3. Conn0r

Conn0r GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Whenever you open and close System Settings it reboots the console and kicks you back to sysnand. So use browserhax to load FBI and install https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases so you it will be easier to get to the homebrew launcher on emunand.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also, when you install Yellows8 hblauncher_loader.cia hold [Y] and it will save the payload.

Put your SD card in the computer and edit the new file. Replace all occurences of "boot" with whatever 4 letter name your homebrew launcher.3dsx is named.

Akira likes this.
  4. Akira
    OP

Apr 28, 2013
    Welp that fixed it, thanks for the help guys. Offtopic, It seems setting up an emunand requires 4GB SD card and up, (I am currently using the default 2GB one and it seems its not enough. So thing is, I haven't set-up emunand yet, only sysnand, AFAIK, the only thing i installed were Rxtools 3.0 booted in sysnand, mini-pasta and bigbluemenu.cia. Do i need to inject the sysnand or something to the new SD card im using? Or is it safe to start fresh? In fresh I mean from Rxtools so on and so forth? Hope you can help me with this one too, Thanks in advance guys.

Edit: Oh and btw, I used oot3dhax since Im having problems booting up browserhax, and i dont feel like installing cia's yet so yeah, thanks again.

Last edited by Akira, Jan 10, 2016
  5. Conn0r

Conn0r GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    I highly recommend getting a bigger sd card and installing emunand immediately because installing to the nand is very dangerous.

Akira likes this.
  6. Akira
    OP

Apr 28, 2013
    Ok, I'll do that then. Thanks a lot guys