BestSkinsEver reviews- after several years?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by caribou007, Aug 2, 2011.

Aug 2, 2011
  1. caribou007
    OP

Member caribou007 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I just got a brand new NDSL, and I want to protect it from scratches if, and when I accidentally shove it off my bed, or some other random accident happens.

I see there are flexible skins that, using a water and soap solution, can be "glued" to the NDSL exterior, such as BestSkinsEver skins, and I thought, if I got them, it's very likely I might never want to remove them, afterall if it works for years 1-3, why not leave it on for years 3-10, years 10-20? However I am concerned about them becoming yellow, and drying up and cracking, and becoming impossible to remove, and turning from what looks like a nice idea in the first year, to something completely gross that I never should have even tried. So I was wondering if anyone's had a BestSkinsEver skin on their handheld for several years now, and how it's been holding up, do you think you could remove it easily or has it started to dry up? Do you think it will eventually become dry, yellow, gross and impossible to remove?

I know for sure that wouldn't be a problem with a hard plastic skin, the kind that snaps on and fits tightly. However, I have concerns for those too. I heard that over time, dust particles get between it and the handheld, and then friction causes scratch marks on the handheld. Is that right? And how bad is that issue? I don't plan to let it get very dusty but if it's going to happen within 10 minutes, that's another issue. I also heard some complaints about it making the L and R buttons stick, and I'm wondering if it will make the handheld less comfortable to hold and operate. I'm also concerned that the parts that clip around the handheld might scratch it, some people said they had to sand theirs down to make them less sharp, I can do that too, but does it really solve the problem completely, or will they still, inevitably, create scratches?

2. Tikker

Member Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I've had mine on both my DS's for about 4ish years now I guess, maybe 5

the body skins are still in perfect shape

the touch screen skin on my son's DS has been replaced once, and is due to be replaced again shortly though

the body skins have been perfect though