Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
My top...erm...seven:

7. skyward sword
6. Minish cap
5. twilight princess (wii...haven't played it on gamecube)
4. Four swords adventure
3. Link's awakening
1.2. oracle of seasons/ages (I can't decide)

These are the versions I've played to the end (4 -> 1 twice). All versions I've played were never less than great, but still...I never really got into wind waker or Ocarina of time (and I spend 50 bucks on that 3DS remake :( ). And at a certain point, I just quit spirit tracks. Not because of the train (which I kind of liked), but because of those stacked dungeons. At a certain point, I died in one of the last dungeons (quite possibly the last one) and I just didn't feel like backtracking HALF AN HOUR to get to that same point. I'll still recommend it, but if you want to play it, make sure to do it with a save state.

And yes, I know: four swords adventure is also pretty different. And no, I never played it multiplayer or even linked with a GBC. I see it as a simple hack-n-slash game with a few simple puzzles that just happens to have the name "Zelda" slapped on it. I don't care much that there's no exporation, it revolves around collecting triangles and your upgrades don't carry between levels...It's fun, and that's what matters. :)

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every damn (official, stay away from the CD-i titles) Zelda game is fantastic. Having said that, I wouldn't start with either NES title, especially Zelda 2, as these games didn't yet fully embody the Zelda spirit (though the first title certainly set the groundwork). Zelda 2 is so drastically different than every Zelda title before and since, that you may want to ignore it completely if you find its play style is not for you. Its also damn hard, being the only Zelda title of every official released title so far that I have yet to beat (though I am slowly working on it on my 3DS VC).

Anyway, in terms of where to go considering you've just beat Ocarina of Time (3D). If you want the direct sequel, and probably the darkest and gloomest Zelda title ever, I'd continue with Majora's Mask. However, you may want to hold off on that, as its been long rumored and incredibly likely that the next Zelda title for the 3DS will be a 3D remake of Majora's Mask much like OOT. So perhaps, you'd prefer to go to Windwaker. While graphically this is the most childish in the series, it is far from an easy game, and it actually looks incredibly beautifully, you're best bet would be to get the HD version if you have a Wii U, as it is the definitive version of the game. If you are looking for the alternate type of Zelda game (2D top view as opposed to 3D), you'd probably want to start with A Link to the Past or Link's Awakening DX. I do think that the latest title (A Link Between Worlds) is fantastic, and one of the best in the series, but to get the full appreciation of that game, you would benefit from playing A Link to the Past first.

Really you can't go wrong. Just know there are traditionally 2 types of Zelda games, the top view 2D (sometimes 2.5D in the DS cases, and 3D in ALBW case), and the 3D third person view games. With again Zelda 2 being the odd game out with its own unique playstyle. The more you play, the more games you'll want to beat. As I was overtaken with a great love for this franchise a few years ago, I too felt this, and I have succeeded, with the one black sheep of an unbeaten game for me being Zelda 2, but one day I will complete this game as well.

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to say that objectively, Skyward Sword is the best and brightest, as a fan 24 of the 26 years. However its also not the definitive Zelda thats going to win everyone over. No Zelda is. You should play all the Zeldas, but you should really be focusing your eyes on:

Wind Waker
Skyward Sword
A Link to the Past
The Minish Cap
Spirit Tracks
Four Swords Adventures
Majora's Mask

In no particular order.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/xbox-series-x-2-2tb-090117688.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR...