Hacking best wii chip

Twiggy12

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
im getin ma wii chipped on christmas and i waz wondering wats te best chip?

i did my research and i was heading the way of wiikey 2 i know its not out yet but it will be by christmas and my couzin can get wii games $2 from china so i was wondering what IS the BEST, for compadability, homebrew, easy update firmware, compadible for ALL versions and can play dif region and all that for ngc campadability so basicly i wana play backups from all regions,homebrew, and ncg backups and all region and oda stuff i forgot so just list som of the best and dont flame people like wii chips like umm......lets say the wasabi dont flame it like its the wii version of r4 just giv recomendations

atomikramp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
if i'm not wrong, wasabi was the first chip to introduce the idea of code injection and allowing compatibility with D2C2 and D2E boards. (the 9 wires scheme)

for the wasabi-style modding it's highly raccomanded to buy a chip with an oscillator on board, and wich doesn't take the clock from the motherboard.
this omproves stability.

next thing to consider is the upgradability of the chip, a chip with JTAG connection is a good choice and eventually consider the DVD Upgrade.

once you have these things, all chips are similar to each other and work the same way.

then sometimes luck is also involved, for example, Argon doesn't have an oscillator on board, and takes te clock from the motherboard (it's 10 wires) but it works flowlessly on my wii.

I think that you can go safe with a D2Pro9.
but i heard that also D2Sun and Wiidual works well.

Twiggy12

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
atomikramp said:
if i'm not wrong, wasabi was the first chip to introduce the idea of code injection and allowing compatibility with D2C2 and D2E boards. (the 9 wires scheme)

for the wasabi-style modding it's highly raccomanded to buy a chip with an oscillator on board, and wich doesn't take the clock from the motherboard.
this omproves stability.

next thing to consider is the upgradability of the chip, a chip with JTAG connection is a good choice and eventually consider the DVD Upgrade.

once you have these things, all chips are similar to each other and work the same way.

then sometimes luck is also involved, for example, Argon doesn't have an oscillator on board, and takes te clock from the motherboard (it's 10 wires) but it works flowlessly on my wii.

I think that you can go safe with a D2Pro9.
but i heard that also D2Sun and Wiidual works well.

yeh exactly wiikey 2 has all of those including gamecube compadability for ngc backups and region free plus it also has dvd upgradability with only 5-9 wires needed study up on wiikey2 then tell me wot u think (by the way i only used wasabi since wen i red about it i thort it was too complicated for me)

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wasabi, D2Lite, D2Sun and Wikey2 are all good choices. (D2Lite and Wiikey2 are the same actually)
Jtag is really overrated. There has never been a usefull Jtag update from the D2Pro team and probably never will and as long as a chip is working in your dirve it will continue working.

If you have a D2A/DMS/D2B drive, YAOSM is the best chip for these...

Edit: Are you sure you aren't on the Wikkeys sales-team. You seem to love it. XD All those chips have the same functions and wirecount. (ok the D2Sun has to wires less) Get the cheapest...

Twiggy12

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Slowking said:
Wasabi, D2Lite, D2Sun and Wikey2 are all good choices. (D2Lite and Wiikey2 are the same actually)
Jtag is really overrated. There has never been a usefull Jtag update from the D2Pro team and probably never will and as long as a chip is working in your dirve it will continue working.

If you have a D2A/DMS/D2B drive, YAOSM is the best chip for these...

so is it a good idea to focus on wiikey2?

also i dont plan on puting the chip in myself would it be better to order the chip then have a proffesional "moddist" put it on for me? i would already have the card and i know that crapy cards can cos over $400!!!!! which is stupid since wiikey 2 is good as and is only 58 so would it be best to have som guy put the chip in for me?

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quote... "did my research and i was heading the way of wiikey 2"

You need to vastly improve your research techniques if you come up with wiikey2 for an answer.

keyword for you mate-> support

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No it doesn't. It should work on D2C2 but it runs really really bad, because it has no build in oscillator and if I'm not totally msitaken there was never even an D2E firmware.

Edit: Ok a D2E firmware was released 2 weeks ago. Didn't know about it. But I really don't think that it's any good, seeing how they were never able to make a stable D2C2 firmware.

atomikramp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
frown.gif

i have one installed.. it looks to work fine...

you now make me think that i trashed out my money
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: there a bunch of good games missing, one of them (which makes a lot of sense for this type of...