Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

memrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it should be working... very odd

since this wii was modded before, u may already have a cIOS installed that u can use to install a wad of IOS236. Can you post a syscheck log?
Sure, thanks for your help.

I've never run a syscheck before, but see it's part of ModMii.

I'll post back as soon as I have it...

girl_wii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
video in tutorial mentions one step/area of the video/downloading process that users can pick the stuff they want to download, and then click to finally download it.

but it didnt say what files are good to have/necessary to have. When i bring wii home, can i turn to you guys for that info while im doing this?

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, it's called ModMii, and second, I need an answer to the nextx question.

What text shows up on the screen (if any) in IOS236 Installer? That behavior is normal if it says it installed successfully.
Indeed, ModMii - apologies for the incorrect name.

IOS236 installer doesn't show anything on the screen. Once I'ce clicked on IOS236 Installer from within HBC, I then click 'load' and it immediately goes back to HBC without any text on the screen. When I press 'load' on Simple IOS Patcher something comes on the screen very quickly (too quickly to read), and then it black screens which needs resetting.

Thanks for any help.
Try videotaping what happens in Simple IOS Patcher and upload the video to youtube. Give me the link when finished.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
video in tutorial mentions one step/area of the video/downloading process that users can pick the stuff they want to download, and then click to finally download it.

but it didnt say what files are good to have/necessary to have. When i bring wii home, can i turn to you guys for that info while im doing this?
If I understand the question correctly, good for you, here's the answer.

WiiMC is good if you want to play DVD's (for circa. early 2008 or earlier Wii's, otherwise unsupported), YouTube vids, view photos, and do stuff with all kinds of other media. If you have roms for old games of a certain, you can get an emulator for that system. Wii Mod, Priiloader, Multi-Mod-Manager, are already downloaded if you use the wizard, but they are useful (the guide shows you how to use them)

girl_wii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

If I understand the question correctly, good for you, here's the answer.

WiiMC is good if you want to play DVD's (for circa. early 2008 or earlier Wii's, otherwise unsupported), YouTube vids, view photos, and do stuff with all kinds of other media. If you have roms for old games of a certain, you can get an emulator for that system. Wii Mod, Priiloader, Multi-Mod-Manager, are already downloaded if you use the wizard, but they are useful (the guide shows you how to use them)

1.this will be new wii, so if wiiMC is NOT unsupported on it for watching movies, what to download to watch movies?

2.will i still be able to play original gamecube cd.s?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u'll still be able to play original gamecube games (assuming your wii isn't one of the new models without GC ports)

you can use wiimc on any wii, but only older model wii's can be used to play movies off of a disc (all wii's will be able to play videos off a usb or sd card)

memrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

since this wii was modded before, u may already have a cIOS installed that u can use to install a wad of IOS236. Can you post a syscheck log?
Well, I just tried to run syscheck from HBC and nothing happened, it just returned to HBC without doing anything. I can see a pattern emerging :)

Any idea where I should go from here? I'm not able to run/load apps from HBC. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the HBC but with the same results...

Thanks again!

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, I just tried to run syscheck from HBC and nothing happened, it just returned to HBC without doing anything. I can see a pattern emerging :)

Any idea where I should go from here? I'm not able to run/load apps from HBC. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the HBC but with the same results...

Thanks again!
Redownload the hackmii installer.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks again!
Redownload the hackmii installer.
from his previous post he is already doing the hackmii with the reinstalling/ deleting it might be the file he downloaded to first hack his wii. my step would be to down grade his hbc an see if that works. then rehack the wii while he is downgraded.( had problem like this before, on nices wii.) downgraded to 1.0.8 an every thing works. i think it might be that line that was changed in hb.(AHB access)( if i'm correct). if not then not sure what the problem is. also had to downgrade my own after updating cause of the text in HBC not showing up.

zeldarocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to run ModMii from Windows 7; however, the window immediately closes upon startup. Could anybody render assistance?

wonderdoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

It is possible to update Modmii for the last neek2o revision?
On google code i can see the revision 80.
But under Download in Modmii the last revision is only up to 75.

memrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
from his previous post he is already doing the hackmii with the reinstalling/ deleting it might be the file he downloaded to first hack his wii. my step would be to down grade his hbc an see if that works. then rehack the wii while he is downgraded.( had problem like this before, on nices wii.) downgraded to 1.0.8 an every thing works. i think it might be that line that was changed in hb.(AHB access)( if i'm correct). if not then not sure what the problem is. also had to downgrade my own after updating cause of the text in HBC not showing up.
Thanks for the input, it's appreciated.

I have tried reinstalling hackmii, but with the same problems.

Can you elaborate on the best way to downgrade HBC please so I can try it?

Thank you.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the input, it's appreciated.

I have tried reinstalling hackmii, but with the same problems.

Can you elaborate on the best way to downgrade HBC please so I can try it?

Thank you.
just grab the older hackmii installer for 1.0.8.(google is your friend at this point). not unless i'm allowed to pass mine along.(rules :blink: , cases like this, the rules should fall by the way side.). i found mine real easy. put the hackmii installer in your apps folder an run just like a regular app, it will do the same thing as when you first installed homebrew. an it will over write what you have installed now.

memrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just grab the older hackmii installer for 1.0.8.(google is your friend at this point). not unless i'm allowed to pass mine along.(rules :blink: , cases like this, the rules should fall by the way side.). i found mine real easy. put the hackmii installer in your apps folder an run just like a regular app, it will do the same thing as when you first installed homebrew. an it will over write what you have installed now.
Thanks.

I've found hackmii 1.0.8 and will experiment. Do you suggest once I have the HBC 1.0.8 installed I then run through the modmii wizard generated guide the same as I would have previously?

If all goes well, should I update the HBC at the end?

Thanks again.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.

I've found hackmii 1.0.8 and will experiment. Do you suggest once I have the HBC 1.0.8 installed I then run through the modmii wizard generated guide the same as I would have previously?

If all goes well, should I update the HBC at the end?

Thanks again.
well if you still have the files from the wizard, just use those, no need to redo them. just downgrade an run the files as before. as far as updating at the end, that would be your choice. IMOP, i would just stay at 1.0.8. thats were i'm staying, an it hasn't effected me running none of the apps i have.(though i don't update to often unless some thing stops working.). like i always say to my kids "if it's not broke, don't fix it."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (not my chat status, my actual forum title, such as "Well-known user")