• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

bromhexine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey xflak i went back to modmii from another guide i found online and i realized that my mistake was the usb installer is in the modkmii windows app i thought it was somewhere already on the wii after modding i thought it installed the cfg loader and i didnt understand what you meant to use the isntaller. so great work thanks for everything!

ketufe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
azizkeb2001 said:
can you use this to upgrade wii e.g from 4.0 to 4.2

yes you can
you can all with this prog
wink.gif

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
Have not updated this app for a long time and was i surprised, all the new addon´s, i thought i was on filetrip or something like that..
biggrin.gif

(it could be great to have some kind off homebrew app. so we can update an already softmodded wii, for us lazy people
tongue.gif
)

GREAT APP. LOVE IT
yaywii.gif

DSTTSTINKYCARD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
XFlak i used the modmii last night on a wii with 3.2 with old softmod on
and modmii and the guide were spot on.
got it updated to 4.2 ,superb programe mate

i used modmii to generate the latest Configurable USB Loader files , so i can update my older Configurable USB Loader.
when i installed my old cfg usb loader , i installed (USBLoaderCFG_NForwarder-UCXF-Channel.wad) on the wii, so i dont have to have sd card in the wii
if i replace the newer cfg files on my hard drive, do i need to install a newer (USBLoaderCFG_NForwarder-UCXF-Channel.wad)?
as modmii doesnt generate one

thanks

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
There has been a general trend to move to using forwarder channels instead of channels with the actual app embedded in it. Forwarder channels don't need to be changed to update the app, they take up less space on your Wii, and you can use them even if you don't have an SD card, assuming your hard drive is FAT32 (or has a FAT32 partition). ModMii has a USB-Loader forwarder channel ("USBX" on download page 2), which is downloaded as part of the ModMii Wizard's 'extra brick protection' (so u may have it installed already). If you copy the USB-Loader setup files to your FAT32 HDD or to your SD card, then this forwarder channel will work for you, otherwise it will return you to the main wii menu.

If your hard drive isn't fat32, then u can't make a forwarder channel work (without an sd card), so yes, u would need to install an updated channel wad. But I would still recommend using a forwarder channel to launch the app off of a FAT32 hard drive (or SD card).

DSTTSTINKYCARD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi
thanks for the info
the cfg usb loader was on another wii with 4,2 on
the hard drive is fat32 and the files/folders on the hard drive are
apps with USBLoader in, then usb-loader and wbfs
then from the sd card i installed USBLoaderCFG_NForwarder-UCXF-Channel.wad with wad manager 1.5
and this put a channel on the wii

thanks

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Uninstall this wad: USBLoaderCFG_NForwarder-UCXF-Channel.wad (or just delete the channel from the Wii System Menu). Then install ModMii's USB-Loader forwarder channel/wad ("USBX" on download page 2), then use that channel with the hard drive plugged in to launch your usb loader (note that u can also access apps on your FAT32 HDD via the HBC).

PS. Why are you still using wad manager 1.5? yawmm and mmm are far superior and they will also stop you from (un)installing something that could brick u.

DSTTSTINKYCARD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
XFlak said:
Uninstall this wad: USBLoaderCFG_NForwarder-UCXF-Channel.wad (or just delete the channel from the Wii System Menu). Then install ModMii's USB-Loader forwarder channel/wad ("USBX" on download page 2), then use that channel with the hard drive plugged in to launch your usb loader (note that u can also access apps on your FAT32 HDD via the HBC).

PS. Why are you still using wad manager 1.5? yawmm and mmm are far superior and they will also stop you from (un)installing something that could brick u.

thanks again for all you help
i will use mmm from now on, i didnt know it can save me from a brick,
just going to put new cfg on
i will let you know how it goes
didnt see the download page before on modmii lot of stuff on there
yaywii.gif

thanks

edit: just finnished and all ok, now on v60 249
i like the themes and the mp3 background music (not sure how to change track as i put quite a few on)
thanks XFlak

DSTTSTINKYCARD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
XFlak said:
no prob! FYI, MP3's are chosen at random from the folder you specified (or that modmii specified), there's no way to manually change the track you're listening to

thanks for your reply
just been searching how to change mp3 music
i put about 50 on thinking they could be changed
thankyou

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to the author for this amazing utility! Great job! Used it to mod a virgin 4.2U Wii and it worked first time through without a single problem.

lazor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gene0915 said:
Thanks to the author for this amazing utility! Great job! Used it to mod a virgin 4.2U Wii and it worked first time through without a single problem.
you're welcome

knexkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great guide man! I think I'm gonna fire this up tonight to upgrade my already modded Wii 3.3 to 4.1. I do have a question though....does this uninstall any old stuff? Like I have my own USB loader + forwarder on there right now, and some channel forwarders for some emulators. Will running this get rid of the old USB loader forwarder or will I have to delete that myself through Any Title Deleter? Also my other concern is I have bootmii boot2 installed right now....I won't have an issue with that getting screwed up right? Thanks for the great guide!

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
knexkid said:
Great guide man! I think I'm gonna fire this up tonight to upgrade my already modded Wii 3.3 to 4.1. I do have a question though....does this uninstall any old stuff? Like I have my own USB loader + forwarder on there right now, and some channel forwarders for some emulators. Will running this get rid of the old USB loader forwarder or will I have to delete that myself through Any Title Deleter? Also my other concern is I have bootmii boot2 installed right now....I won't have an issue with that getting screwed up right? Thanks for the great guide!

As far as I can tell it won't remove any channels you already have installed. You can set up the modmii program to let it know you're already hacked, so it won't go through a bootmii install if you don't want to. It's really customized to your needs. Very useful tool.

dhariady

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Can I use this to repair a half-bricked wii?

The problem is I cannot access my wii setting screen and don't know which version is installed.

Thanks!

djDougs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah XFlak, this DID work a treat, if it was not for your superb 'Guide per questions' list, i would be completly lost
unsure.gif

so, again, a MASIVE BIG Thank you!...
yaywii.gif

ME said:
now, how do i copy all my mates originals.....(off to search web)
...its 'windows app "Wii Backup Manager"'
no need for this, a USB 'hard disc' is the answer
grog.gif

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
djDougs said:
Yeah XFlak, this DID work a treat, if it was not for your superb 'Guide per questions' list, i would be completly lost
unsure.gif

so, again, a MASIVE BIG Thank you!...
yaywii.gif

ME said:
now, how do i copy all my mates originals.....(off to search web)
...its 'windows app "Wii Backup Manager"'
no need for this, a USB 'hard disc' is the answer
grog.gif

Whut??? LOL

If you like modmii so much don't forget to Donate. That way we keep our dev very happy and he can afford his college expenses.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp