Hardware Best Value internal HDD for PS4 Slim

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to uninitialize the drive or does that not matter?

You don't need to, but I would recommend plugging the drive into a computer and format it so windows can see it and then check with like CrystalDiskInfo, if it dying then it would explain your problem.

xorxfon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to, but I would recommend plugging the drive into a computer and format it so windows can see it and then check with like CrystalDiskInfo, if it dying then it would explain your problem.
Its brand new so if there is an issue it would be DOA

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well check it out first, it will let you know if there is a problem with the drive, perhaps you got bad sectors/long hours and total write on that drive already even though the seller might list as new, you never know.

DesertCamel

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hi!
I am looking to upgrade my Ps4 since it is a 500Gb model and my 1Tb external drive seems to faulty. Tried it as internal but it has stutter and lag issues, I tried it with CrystalDisk Info and everything seems fine.
There is a great deal on this HDD but I don't know if the interface is SATA or directly USB. Any tips on what to get and not spend too much? 1tb and 2 tb are fine.
Best thing to do is to swap that 500Gb to SSD internal 2TB/4TB/8TB would save you a lot of troubles.

DesertCamel

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Any brand and prince recommendations?
All the best with Samsung SSDs Any capacity on your budget.
They are the best why ? because am using one on my PC since 2015 until today no issues at all it sticked with me throw 3 PC builds and I never give up on it since then always on my next PC

My ps4 has 8tb and I have heavily played on it for almost 30days (Daily gaming) without a single crash or restart from the ps4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1