psxboy500

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Finally getting a nice 320GB External HD for use with the Wii tomorrow! Figured I'd do some research so I wouldn't go into this blind...

What's the best USB Loader and cIOS to use? In terms of compatibility with games.

Thanks.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
500GB Seagate. 100 Games. cIOS Revision 13b. 4.1E PAL Wii. USB Loader GX. Only about 3-4 games I can't get running. Good enough for me!
smile.gif

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using NeoGamma as my USB loader, and it's been great. Every game I've tried on there has worked beautifully(even the ones that don't work great on disc). And cIOS rev13a.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My setup:

1TB Verbatim HD (full 1TB WBFS)
230 games
cIOS rev11
USBLoaderCFG

With this setup I can run all of the new 002 games, and I have I think only three games that do not work (nor do they work on other loaders or cIOS revs anyway) Works beautifully!

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
4.0u / cIOS13-b / CFG USBLoader rev36 / 1.5TB Seagate Freeagent /500 Games
wink.gif
4 games not working
wink.gif
496 Games running like Charm even the games with Alt-Dol Fix
wink.gif

TjW1072

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zektor said:
My setup:

230 games
cIOS rev11
USBLoaderCFG

With this setup I can run all of the new 002 games, and I have I think only three games that do not work (nor do they work on other loaders or cIOS revs anyway) Works beautifully!

Is this the drive you have as it's an excellent price for a 1TB drive:

1TB Vebatim HD

I have a Seagate FreeAgent Desk 500GB at the mo that does work but I have to keep unplugging it, turning on the wii and then plugging it back in again which is a bit of a pain

Using USBloader_gx which is constantly improving in my opinion

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Theoretically best should be cIOSrev13a(or 14 as soon as it's out) and either latest configurable usb loader, usb loader GX or NeoGamma.

Golfje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My setup:

Wii firmware 3.2E
250gb lace desktop harddrive
USB Loader GX latest rev
Wiiflow
CoverFloader 1.0
Neogamma r6
Backuplauncher 03 gamma
CIOS36rev10
44 games on HDD (all working great)
140 games on DVD

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
sysmenu 4.0 (going to 4.1 after work as it is safe)
PAL
hermes cios
Toshiba 320gb - works a charm, never fails me ever (using top usb port on wii)
CIOS - cios rev 10 - never had any problems at all with loading ANY games.

usb loader - beardface's coverflow - looks the bomb, smooth and updates and free box art downloads 2D and 3D and is fully configurable and saves settings per game if needed (ie 002 on wii sports resort - save).

other loaders mentioned in this thread are good but not as good, but that is my opinion.

download coverflowder, usbloader cfg, usbloader gx, try a few, try them all, then delete the ones you dont like. simple.

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
TjW1072 said:
zektor said:
My setup:

230 games
cIOS rev11
USBLoaderCFG

1TB Vebatim HD

I have a Seagate FreeAgent Desk 500GB at the mo that does work but I have to keep unplugging it, turning on the wii and then plugging it back in again which is a bit of a pain

thats exactly the drive i have, and it works perfectly. partitioned half fat32 for movies half WBFS for games, and it works perfectly for both. struggled to get mplayer ce to work but the minute .7 version came out it worked. Always recognised straight away, no probs with spinning down, and it was the cheapest 1tb in the shop.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
madeirabhoy said:
TjW1072 said:
zektor said:
My setup:

230 games
cIOS rev11
USBLoaderCFG

1TB Vebatim HD

thats exactly the drive i have, and it works perfectly. partitioned half fat32 for movies half WBFS for games, and it works perfectly for both. struggled to get mplayer ce to work but the minute .7 version came out it worked. Always recognised straight away, no probs with spinning down, and it was the cheapest 1tb in the shop.

Agreed. Yep, same drive I have. Great drive! No issues whatsoever with it. Thanks Verbatim!

psxboy500

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right. I'm currently running the Waininko's USB 1.5 Loader with cIOS rev10. Seems to load games smoothly... but it's taking forever to install them! 30 minutes for the backup I have of Punch-Out. Is this normal?

Also, it won't let me copy some of my backups to the HD. Doesn't recognize them as Wii games, but they worked fine off the disc...

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ Yeah, it takes about a half an hour to install games from disc for me too. This is the only app that I know of that copies games to your drive(wish neogamma did this), so I can't really complain about the time.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
500GB WD Black HD in Thermaltake Blacx dock.
100+ games
cIOS rev10
USBLoader GX 5something

Every game works perfectly doing nothing more than messing with 002 fix settings, apart from House of The Dead 2&3 which needs alt dol to play HoD 2.

Just to make this clear to everyone. It's not the HD you use. The HD does not really matter at all. It's the chipset of the enclosure or dock that determines compatibility with the Wii. I use a Thermaltake BlacX dock. I actually have two of them. One stays on hooked up to the Wii, one is hooked up to my computer. When I wantt o put new games on the drive, I just pop the drive out, and plug it into the dock on the PC. Easy peasy.

DigitalSquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats with all you kids using old CIOS?

4.0u, 630GB WD Mybook, but only 250gb WFBS partition (
tongue.gif
I'm not actually downloading them like the guys with the 500game collections)
cIOS rev13b on USBloaderGX latest.

Everything works perfect as hell, there are a few games I can't get to work, but they're PAL versions of the same NTFS games I have, all my NTFS games work 100%, but don't get me wrong a good deal of PAL does too. I guess my Wii just sucks at being regionfrii.

USBloader is all up to the person though, its all opinion on what works best for you.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DigitalSquirrel said:
Whats with all you kids using old CIOS?

4.0u, 630GB WD Mybook, but only 250gb WFBS partition (
tongue.gif
I'm not actually downloading them like the guys with the 500game collections)
cIOS rev13b on USBloaderGX latest.

Everything works perfect as hell, there are a few games I can't get to work, but they're PAL versions of the same NTFS games I have, all my NTFS games work 100%, but don't get me wrong a good deal of PAL does too. I guess my Wii just sucks at being regionfrii.

USBloader is all up to the person though, its all opinion on what works best for you.

NTFS...

cIOSrev13b without telling a reason...

Wii is responsible for import game compatiblity...

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
WiiPower said:
Theoretically best should be cIOSrev13a(or 14 as soon as it's out) and either latest configurable usb loader, usb loader GX or NeoGamma.

You could think of that, however, everytime I try to run a game on cIOS_r13/13b the games freeze at some loading screen, so I use CFG Loader with cIOS_r9, I will try to update to 4.1 and try again this r13 to see if that works, cause as strange as it sounds, I can pack a cIOS12/13/13b .wad, it is always about the 00000006.app, wich it is a shared one, but it is there on the SHARED folder, so I believe it is because it is outdated (I'm on SysMenu 3.2
tongue.gif
)

TjW1072

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
madeirabhoy said:
TjW1072 said:
zektor said:
My setup:

230 games
cIOS rev11
USBLoaderCFG

1TB Vebatim HD

Thanks for letting me know
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @HiradeGirl, Hi