Best tutorial for installing atmosphere

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi thanks.

Now if I want everything updated like atmosphere etc. do I simply just follow this guide as it it's the first time I'm setting it up. Or will I inadvertently overwrite data I need. Like savegame data for example or user profiles?

Thanks again.
You don't have to follow the whole guide again. If your goal is to update Atmosphere, I would recommend deleting the old Atmosphere files first then putting the new ones on the SD card. If you have any game mods and/or cheats, back them up before deleting Atmosphere. Anything else you may have downloaded such as homebrew or patches can be downloaded separately and updated accordingly.

taffyponty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You don't have to follow the whole guide again. If your goal is to update Atmosphere, I would recommend deleting the old Atmosphere files first then putting the new ones on the SD card. If you have any game mods and/or cheats, back them up before deleting Atmosphere. Anything else you may have downloaded such as homebrew or patches can be downloaded separately and updated accordingly.
ive come across an "auto updater" for the switch.. is this not a good option to update everything , or does it have limitations? because while I am far from a noob with technical stuff, I am still treading carefully so I don't accidentally brick the device, and an auto updater would make this process a lot easier for the casual user,

i have got the latest switch firmware 18.1 and want to be sure where this is supposed to go and i'll presume i need to turn the switch off and write directly to the sd card with a card reader, as opposed to a file transfer via the switch?

as for deleting the old atmosphere files first, can i presume they're all in one directoty, or are they scattered about a bit like dbi was .

thanks

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
ive come across an "auto updater" for the switch.. is this not a good option to update everything , or does it have limitations? because while I am far from a noob with technical stuff, I am still treading carefully so I don't accidentally brick the device, and an auto updater would make this process a lot easier for the casual user,

i have got the latest switch firmware 18.1 and want to be sure where this is supposed to go and i'll presume i need to turn the switch off and write directly to the sd card with a card reader, as opposed to a file transfer via the switch?

as for deleting the old atmosphere files first, can i presume they're all in one directoty, or are they scattered about a bit like dbi was .

thanks
Already answered on the other thread you asked.

taffyponty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1000005829.jpg
this happened after i followed the Guide.

I think I probably should have just used the updater🤷‍♂️any thoughts how to fix?
I'm going to delete and replace atmosphere though

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Similar errors with that same ID point to hardware issues... I'd check the SD, hopefully it's just that.

edit: Archive Bit fix in Hekate tools, worth a try

Last edited by Nephiel,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you doing @HUNTERFOX ?