Best SNES Emulator?

Discussion in 'Other Handhelds' started by MasterPenguin, May 4, 2011.

May 4, 2011

Best SNES Emulator? by MasterPenguin at 3:21 AM (2,838 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. MasterPenguin
    OP

Member MasterPenguin GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Well. I've currently got the PSP, and I was wondering if there's a better device for SNES emulation. With the PSP, it plays a huge amount of games great, and without sound it's near perfect for a lot. I'm just wondering if there's a better solution however (that doesn't cost near $500...No Pandora..)

2. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Outside of buying an actual SNES and an SNES flash cart or using PC emulation, no.

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I have never had to turn off sound to play an SNES game.

The only two games I've noticed slowdown on are Super Mario RPG (can get down to 75% speed in maps with enemies) and Star Fox (because it's Star Fox).

Which PSP?
    Which firmware?
    Which SNES emulator?

I suggest going into the hacks menu and changing palette writes to "simple" (some games may need them off totally).

4. glysegui

Newcomer glysegui Advanced Member

Netherlands
    The most accurate emulator around would arguably be bsnes on Windows. If you want near fully accurate emulation, it's your way to go. Also, it's frequently updated and the developer didn't lose the source like the ZSNES and 9x's development teams did. You can get bsnes here: http://byuu.org/bsnes/. Buying an actual SNES would be the best thing to do, though. You can get one for just forty bucks and games will, unless they're in mint condition and/or the place you're buying it from knows manipulative marketing techniques, of course, won't cost you more than five, maybe ten a piece.