Best Rom Manager Program

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by LUGiA, Dec 22, 2008.

1. LUGiA
    OP

LUGiA GBAtemp Fan

May 14, 2008
    whats the best program

2. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
  3. Dizzy Doom

Dizzy Doom Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    I dont want to make a new topic, so..
    Is there a ROM manager for Linux?

4. DokiDoki98

DokiDoki98 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 29, 2008
    United States
    Behind you
    well, you could use wine to run win/mac programs on linux

5. UltraMagnus

UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

Aug 2, 2007
    Portsmouth
    I don't particularly see the point in rom managers, would rather just use a general file manager, after all, roms are just files...

that said, if you install package "gnome-nds-thumbnailer" you will get proper thumbnails for all your roms in the gnome file manager, which is rather nice.

I am going to guess you have never used wine, apart from a few programs it tends to not work very well. and even those that work don't integrate brilliantly with the GUI

6. Dizzy Doom

Dizzy Doom Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    I actually needed one for renaming like ~80 roms, but I'm happy with gnome-nds-thumbnailer, because it's nice to actually work with nautilus (windows manager)

7. UltraMagnus

UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

Aug 2, 2007
    Portsmouth
    i see. well, the are bulk re-namer programs, loads in synaptic, too many to list.

8. tukuyomi

tukuyomi Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2010
    France
    Hello poeple. I know it's been a long time since this post was written. But I wanted to share a link to a UNIX shell script I wrote (use from a terminal) to check roms against No-Intro databases.
    The script compares *UNCOMPRESSED* ROMs you have with the database and tells you missing, unknown and/or duplicate files, and asks you if you want to rename the files.
    It works with all databases from No-Intro
    Those No-intro DAT files are the same used by Windows program ClrMamePro. Hope you'll find it useful.
    http://tukuyomi.kuro-hitsuji.net/stuff/rom_checker/
    Get either the txt or compressed gz file (unzip the later) and don't forget to switch the "Executable" flag on before using it

9. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    I'm not going to lie, these bumping of ridiculously old threads, is getting annoying.