Best PSP for no screen ghosting?

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by StrayGuitarist, Nov 17, 2019.

1. StrayGuitarist
    OP

StrayGuitarist A genuine feline disaster.

Mar 28, 2019
    United States
    Pallyfornia
    So, 3-4 years ago, back when I was on TheIsoZone, I was super-duper into PSP modding, I got a 1000 refurbished in the original box and spent FOREVER tweaking and playing games on it. However, eventually I stopped because of how terrible the ghosting effect was with 3D games. I'd get motion sick whenever I played Monster Hunter, Midnight Club, or Liberty City Stories.. And that was enough to get me to stop. I haven't touched it in at least 2 years (and I have no bloody clue where my charger is), but I'd really like to get back into it with the recent launch of Infinity 2.0 making it a better experience.

Mainly, I'm looking for a good console to go with that won't make me lose my lunch whenever something 3D moves on screen.

I'd like to get a PSP Go, but I'm not sure if it's entirely worth the prices they fetch nowadays. I'd also considered modding a PSTV/PS Vita TV, but I'm not sure if that's worth the price, either.

Any insight?

alexander1970 likes this.
  2. zfreeman

zfreeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 9, 2013
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    That only leaves the 3000. No ghosting, cheap price, double the RAM vs 1000, better colors vs 2000... but scanlines.

alexander1970 and StrayGuitarist like this.
  3. StrayGuitarist
    OP

Mar 28, 2019
    United States
    Pallyfornia
    Eh, horizontal lines are no big deal, especially since I'm used to gaming on a CRT. I'm much, much more willing to deal with that than deal with the ghosting of my 1000. Thank you!

4. zfreeman

zfreeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 9, 2013
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    Last edited by zfreeman, Nov 17, 2019
  5. StrayGuitarist
    OP

Mar 28, 2019
    United States
    Pallyfornia
    Ahh, yeah.

Battery replacement.

I'd forgotten all about how annoying of an aspect of PSP modding that is. Another reason I considered modding a PSTV to play PSP games, but.. I don't really think that's worth it in the long run.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted