Homebrew best picture viewer?

psywolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scanning the downloads here at gbatemp I found imageviewer 1.1

there are so many apps i was wondering if there were any more and if so which is the best and easiest one

thanks for any help

eltrut

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't tried image viewer, but moonshell has it's own built in one.

Comic Book DS is pretty good for reading comics and I recommend it if this is why you want images or if the pictures you want to look at are large and hae lots of detail as it has one screen at 100% size and the other at a thumbnail where you select what to look at. The only annoying thing is you have to convert everything to it's own format first.

If they are just general images then you should be ok with just moonshell though.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
NaokiKitsuhine said:
Moonshell2
Yup, that's it...not more to say
smile.gif

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Image viewer and comicbook ds require you to convert/pre render zoom states and thumbnails for your images since they have their own kind of browser thing to navigate.

Moonshell 2 will just list your images and generate the zoom states on the fly. So you have to wear that delay for each image and know your files by name unless you want to slowly track through them one at a time.

Image viewer can take a relatively small folder of nicely compressed jpeg images and turn it into a very bloated image viewer file. Drastically bloated.

Moonshell won't touch your original images so long as they're in a format it can read. It doesn't like certain jpeg formats for example.

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS organize has a picture viewer built it that works fairly nice. Imageviewer1.1 is good if you want to view your pictures at the resolution of the ds screen or make a slide show with em

psywolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ds organize I had no idea and i use it everyday I'll try that

I should have clarified. I just got married and my wife has no mp3 player which is what i use to store pics
she wants to show off our wedding photos

so i wanted to find something for her ds that scales the pictures to fit the screen
moonshell and comicbookds (which I also use often) both make the picture way to big and you have to drag the stylus over the picture to view it

I'll look at dsorganize right now and try imageviewer 1.1 in the morning thanks for the help and let me know if you find something that fits the picture to the ds screen

eltrut

Trophies
XP
Country
You could just do a batch resize of all the photos to 192x256 (keeping a backup of course)?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll second (or third or fourth or whatever) the suggestion for ComicBook DS. Excellent image-viewing capabilities, with the only minor setback being that you have to pre-convert them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn