best picture viewer?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by psywolf, Apr 16, 2009.

Apr 16, 2009

best picture viewer? by psywolf at 4:45 AM (1,267 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. psywolf
    OP

Member psywolf GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Scanning the downloads here at gbatemp I found imageviewer 1.1

there are so many apps i was wondering if there were any more and if so which is the best and easiest one

thanks for any help

2. eltrut

Member eltrut GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I haven't tried image viewer, but moonshell has it's own built in one.

Comic Book DS is pretty good for reading comics and I recommend it if this is why you want images or if the pictures you want to look at are large and hae lots of detail as it has one screen at 100% size and the other at a thumbnail where you select what to look at. The only annoying thing is you have to convert everything to it's own format first.

If they are just general images then you should be ok with just moonshell though.

3. NaokiKitsuhine

Member NaokiKitsuhine GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
  4. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Yup, that's it...not more to say [​IMG]

5. Porkdish

Member Porkdish GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Image viewer and comicbook ds require you to convert/pre render zoom states and thumbnails for your images since they have their own kind of browser thing to navigate.

Moonshell 2 will just list your images and generate the zoom states on the fly. So you have to wear that delay for each image and know your files by name unless you want to slowly track through them one at a time.

Image viewer can take a relatively small folder of nicely compressed jpeg images and turn it into a very bloated image viewer file. Drastically bloated.

Moonshell won't touch your original images so long as they're in a format it can read. It doesn't like certain jpeg formats for example.

6. Findecanno

Member Findecanno GBAtemp Regular

United States
    DS organize has a picture viewer built it that works fairly nice. Imageviewer1.1 is good if you want to view your pictures at the resolution of the ds screen or make a slide show with em

7. psywolf
    OP

United States
    ds organize I had no idea and i use it everyday I'll try that

I should have clarified. I just got married and my wife has no mp3 player which is what i use to store pics
    she wants to show off our wedding photos

so i wanted to find something for her ds that scales the pictures to fit the screen
    moonshell and comicbookds (which I also use often) both make the picture way to big and you have to drag the stylus over the picture to view it

I'll look at dsorganize right now and try imageviewer 1.1 in the morning thanks for the help and let me know if you find something that fits the picture to the ds screen

8. eltrut

Member eltrut GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    You could just do a batch resize of all the photos to 192x256 (keeping a backup of course)?

9. psywolf
    OP

United States
    thanks guys imageview 1.1 seems to work well

10. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I'll second (or third or fourth or whatever) the suggestion for ComicBook DS. Excellent image-viewing capabilities, with the only minor setback being that you have to pre-convert them.