Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
I tried Songbird like it some cool features. Media Player is emm Media Player Ok but I need one with a good EQ to tweak my sounds and internet radio maybe Winamp?
Edit:I do not buy MP3's I pirate them so do not need a Itunes like service (but would use Itunes if you think it is a good player).

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonique!!!

Just kidding.
tongue.gif
'
Why would anyone use anything other than Winamp!?!?!

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
itunes and realplayer are both heaping piles of garbage. Nowadays winamp is getting on the chubby side, but it still works great; but between VLC and windows media player (with a codec pack of course) I haven't found the need to reinstall it

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
UltraMagnus said:
VLC, simply because it can play quite literally anything
That may be true, but winamp plays a lot too.
And, I guess OP doesnt have to play anything besides mp3, and maybe stuff like FLAC.

And the ui of VLC sucks monkey balls compared to winamp.

So yea, winamp is probably the best.

D

Deleted User

iTunes is not garbage at all. Its interface is very clean and fairly effecient. Its all in one window and the album art is displayed in a corner, adding music is fast (and it'll take a shitload of directories). Yeah, its somewhat of a resource hog. Try it out, you probably won't be dissapointed.
Realplayer licks balls of course.
If you only have a need to play a few files (say for trying out that new album
smileipb2.png
), use Windows Media Player (Skin Mode).
Winamp is for chumps who love clunky interfaces (im not sure if this is still the case, tried it a year ago) and people who like a variety of media files.I don't like Winamp because of its difficulty to quickly be able to edit ID3 tags, and the organization is mediocre overall.

In other words, iTunes>Winamp>Media Player>VLC (interface is more for videos)>RealPlayer

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
UltraMagnus said:
wabsta said:
And the ui of VLC sucks monkey balls compared to winamp.

do you really need anything other than a play button?
Yes.
I have 610 artists atm.
And these are well organised in my maps on the HDD, but also on winamp.
Also, it's sorted on album etc. too.

AND I have a playlist on my right.

And the nice thing about winamp is, that u can make it one little bar with one press of a button.
And I like the globalhotkeys, that are useable everywhere, in game, while using dreamweaver/photoshop, etc.

Oh btw, iTunes isn't THAT bad. It's just not as light as other mediaplayers.
If I still had my iPod, I would still use iTunes, cause I like the clean interface.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Real Player definately. Not only is it the most resource efficent, it has been the backbone of nearly all the best streaming video sites since 1997. It truely is the best. Awesome file support, awesome gui, and awesome resource management.

ubuntu ftw!

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I use Winamp as I like its interface, plug ins, and other small things. I don't use it for video though, as pretty much any MP3 player above is pretty bad at video. I use Media Player Classic for anything else.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
flameiguana said:
iTunes is not garbage at all. Its interface is very clean and fairly effecient. Its all in one window and the album art is displayed in a corner, adding music is fast (and it'll take a shitload of directories). Yeah, its somewhat of a resource hog. Try it out, you probably won't be dissapointed.
Realplayer licks balls of course.
If you only have a need to play a few files (say for trying out that new album
smileipb2.png
), use Windows Media Player (Skin Mode).
Winamp is for chumps who love clunky interfaces (im not sure if this is still the case, tried it a year ago) and people who like a variety of media files.I don't like Winamp because of its difficulty to quickly be able to edit ID3 tags, and the organization is mediocre overall.

In other words, iTunes>Winamp>Media Player>VLC (interface is more for videos)>RealPlayer
It's not garbage but it has so many unnecessary features. It sucks that I have to open it frequently to sync my iPod. For mp3s I use vlc because like another poster said, what else do you need besides a play button? Also, vlc plays ANYTHING you throw at it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality