Best Launch title you picked up?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Nottulys, Mar 28, 2011.

Mar 28, 2011
  1. Nottulys
    OP

Member Nottulys GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well I said I wouldnt buy another damn Street Fighter, but I did, and its cool and all, especially after whooping a couple of people Online(in Arcade mode to try it out, and before I could play the 1st match, "Heres comes a New Challenger..."X2) its just another Street Fighter, and it hasnt changed since Alpha 2...IMO.

HANDS DOWN to me, Samurai Warriors takes the cake...replayability, gorgeous 3D, and all you can kill...enough said.

Damn I wish there was more 3DS games out already...

What is your favorite Launch title?

2. spiritofcat

Member spiritofcat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I'm glad to hear that!
    Samurai Warriors is the title I already had in mind to buy as my first game when I get my 3DS on Thursday.

3. Windaga

Member Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I was thinking of getting SW:C, but I just finished Warrior's Orochi 2 for the PSP. I think I've had my Hack n'slash fill for the month. I ended up getting Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition, and my lord, it's absolutely stunning. I have the iPhone version, and I thought it was going to be an upgraded edition of that: nope, it's a port of the 360/PS3 version. It's fantastic.

Guile in 3D

4. naved.islam14

Member naved.islam14 Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™

Sri Lanka
    If I could buy it I would definitely choose/pick:

1.Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

2.Pilot Wings Resort

3.Pro Evolution Soccer 3D

4.The Legend of Zelda the Ocarina of Time

5.Star Fox 64 3D

5. spiritofcat

Member spiritofcat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia

6. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    To be honest, none of them.
    But I settled for SSV IV so I guess it's my "favorite" launch title.
    I almost bought Samurai Warriors but the enemy density on the 3DS didn't cut it at all, and cutting through waves of enemies is the only thing making the game fun.

7. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Well thanks to my boss not paying me about £120 of my wages this month I only have 2 3DS games so far. Ridge Racer and Pilotwings. And truth be told they're both fantastic. Pilotwings probably won't last too long but it has a squirrel suit, whereas Ridge Racer looks like it'll last for at least a month but I sometimes find the sweet spot hard to find so I tend to get blurry ghost images during races.

Overall I think I'd give it to Ridge Racer for better value for money, as not only will it last longer it was also more than a tenner cheaper. I'm currently negotiating with my boss as to when he plans to pay me my missing wages so when they come through I'll be picking myself up Samurai Warriors, DOA Dimensions (assuming it's out) and then I'll probably set the rest aside for StarFox 64 or Zelda, both of which constantly fight for the title of my fave game ever in the epic five way brawl going on in my mind.

8. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    How is Samurai Warriors' gameplay? To which game can you compare its gameplay?

9. CCNaru

Member CCNaru Warn-free Since 2005

United States
    I spent all my money on the console, and I'm trying to sell my PSP for some games but no one's biting... I don't think I'll be able to buy anything anytime soon =_=

10. JackyD

Newcomer JackyD Advanced Member

United States
    Im sticking with none also.
    Japan got professor layton. Why the hell did we get CRAP for launch titles?
    I think the issue was that if they released even a singular major title (the zelda remake, some 3ds mario platformer, even Kid Icarus), noone would have bothered with the 3rd party games.
    I would bet that the sales for even the better of the launch titles like Street Fighter and Pilot Wings were at LEAST 10x greater than if they had released a real Mario 3DS platformer.

11. iMasaru

Member iMasaru GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Co-Compiler

United Kingdom
    Is Rayman 3D any good? (Never played the original Rayman 2) I bought it today, but it's still unopened in its packaging. I'm not sure if i should keep it or go and exchange it for Samurai Warriors :S

12. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I thought it would be a crappy port, but I'm surprised. Ubisoft could have made it better, but still did a great job.

I never got far in the original, and I'm loving this one. Definitely worth keeping.

The only problem is that it's pretty short. I have about 3 hours on it, and I'm 25% done.

13. Keva

Member Keva GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Has anyone picked up Nintendogs + Cats?

Only have SSIV at the moment and while it's ok. I get quite frustrated if I lose... which happens a lot [​IMG]

14. sonknuck23

Member sonknuck23 Mighty Switch Force >

Canada
    I got SF IV and Super Monkey Ball 3D. I haven't even opened SF IV yet, Super Monkey Ball 3D is fucking awesome.

15. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    If it keeps up the same pacing then 12 hours for a standard platforming game isn't that bad.

Best looking launch titles seem to be Ghost Recon and Samurai Warriors Chronicles. That's just me.

16. paul3100

Member paul3100 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    i got asphalt 3d and its brilliant in both game play and graphics 3D and 2d :-)

See there is a firmware update out already for the 3ds, apart from minor bug fixes they have added a short 3D video! pretty cool

paul3100

17. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Yeah, there are much shorter games. Just saying if you want to try to have one title last you until much better games come out, Rayman isn't going to last you nearly that long.

18. Chiverus

Newcomer Chiverus Advanced Member

Canada
    I only got 2 3ds games but gonna have to say that Im liking ghost recon quite a bit and for time wasting i picked up lego star wars 3. game play in ghost recon takes a little getting use to because your using the d-pad for control the circle pad is camera (kinda wish i could reverse this)

19. iMasaru

Member iMasaru GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Co-Compiler

United Kingdom
    us lego star wars any good? I enjoyed most of the lego series on the psp xD

20. Chiverus

Newcomer Chiverus Advanced Member

Canada
    Ya its pretty fun only about 5 levels in really cool having yoda slash random things in 3ds just for little lego bits. though will say the game gets challanging if you dont got a jedi in your party