Hacking Best HD for USB loaders

SublimeAndEtc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the market for an external HD, looking to buy either a 1TB or 1.5TB drive. From what I've read, it seems 500GB is the biggest partition you can use for USB loaders. Is this truly the case? Also, does anyone have a recommendation? I'm pretty much between Western Digital and Seagate, but I'm open to suggestions. The best compatibility for USB loaders is the main thing I'm looking for, because backing up other files doesn't really require anything special.

EDIT: I'm also interested in what HD's you all use. I'd like to hear some personal experiences and ratings!

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
The best bet are Western Digital Passports or Seagate (not sure the model might be free agent or something) they are highly reputable brands and have the highest compatibility. The new USB loaders allow for greater than 500 GB i think its a 1TB cap now but dont quote me on that. I just bought a WD and am waiting for it in the mail and its got good reviews so im hoping the same. If your buying online may i suggest sites shopbot.com and shopbot.ca if your in canada. Another good site is newegg.com and again newegg.ca depending thats about it

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
seagate freeagent go's are the only ones that have a utility to turn off spindown of the hd's while still in their usb casing

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
i just use an ipod and it works great so any hdd proven to work should be fine... and by what you said... seems you think you can use the same partition for wii backups than for files... that's not true... you need different ones... in which case... there's no need for something bigger than 500GB for the wii backup partition... even if there is... they are now supported
smile.gif

Awakendarknezz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my question is i mean i`m getting kind of confused but let say i download iso from the internet right would i be able to run it with this from my hard drive? i bought a 750gb hard drive and it been pretty much useless. also does this have any chance of getting my wii brick my current firm ware is 3.2.

also don`t take me wrong i love buying games but lately i been ripped off with too many shitty games =|

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear the Western Digtal 1TB My Book works grate..Thats what I want to get, its 120.00 at Wal-Mart.
smile.gif

Of corse I'll use half of it for games and the other for movies.

Grate link Hooya,
Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu