Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I know there is LameboyDS for DS and Goomba Color for GBA. Which one is more stable and compatible?

I don't really care which system I use, I have both a slot1 (CycloDS) and slot2 (M3 Perfect) cart, but I just want the best version that runs the most GBC games without a problem. Do they require you to compile a bunch of ROMs into a single file, or can they just select GBC ROMs out of a folder? I'd rather just run the emu and select ROMs out of a folder as opposed to having to create a batch of GBC games in one file, but compatibility will rule that decision.

As you can tell, I never really explored GBC emulation before, so I don't know much about it. I didn't get into handheld gaming until GBA (about one year before DS came out at that), so all the older stuff is unfamiliar to me, especially emulation. Once I determine the best version of GBC emu, I can figure out the rest. It just seems like I'm missing a whole world of games by not exploring GBC emulation, so I thought I give it a go.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Lameboy is very good, don't have any complains about it.
You can put all your GB or GBC roms in a folder, and then pick the game you want to play.
You don't have to compile anything.

Never tried Goomba, Lameboy never made me ask for something else.

PS: Thanks for the work on the NFO's Rayder, really appreciate it!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, Lameboy it is. Thanks everyone! Now to hunt up some good old-school GBC ROMs. I have that part covered.
smileipb2.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn