Best GBC emulator?

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Rayder, May 9, 2009.

1. Rayder
    OP

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    OK, I know there is LameboyDS for DS and Goomba Color for GBA. Which one is more stable and compatible?

I don't really care which system I use, I have both a slot1 (CycloDS) and slot2 (M3 Perfect) cart, but I just want the best version that runs the most GBC games without a problem. Do they require you to compile a bunch of ROMs into a single file, or can they just select GBC ROMs out of a folder? I'd rather just run the emu and select ROMs out of a folder as opposed to having to create a batch of GBC games in one file, but compatibility will rule that decision.

As you can tell, I never really explored GBC emulation before, so I don't know much about it. I didn't get into handheld gaming until GBA (about one year before DS came out at that), so all the older stuff is unfamiliar to me, especially emulation. Once I determine the best version of GBC emu, I can figure out the rest. It just seems like I'm missing a whole world of games by not exploring GBC emulation, so I thought I give it a go.

2. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    Lameboy is very good, don't have any complains about it.
    You can put all your GB or GBC roms in a folder, and then pick the game you want to play.
    You don't have to compile anything.

Never tried Goomba, Lameboy never made me ask for something else.

PS: Thanks for the work on the NFO's Rayder, really appreciate it!

3. Eon-Rider

Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 15, 2008
    Yep, just go with Lameboy. It has pretty much perfect compatibility from my experience.

4. Domination

Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 28, 2008
    Senegal
    Your Mum
    Lameboy; love at first try..... really good compability.

5. Rayder
    OP

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    Ok, Lameboy it is. Thanks everyone! Now to hunt up some good old-school GBC ROMs. I have that part covered. [​IMG]