Hacking Best GBA support card?

em2241992

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the best card for GBA support? DSTwo? iPlayer, EZ Flash 3 in 1?
What would be the best choice if I am specifically looking for GBA support?

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the 3 in 1 has better compatibility
the GBA for the iPlayer and DSTWO is pretty much the same, but I would go with the DSTWO, for better support

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The EZ Flash 3in1 is definitely better, games run with perfect compatibility since it's using native hardware.
But if you're on a DSi, the DSTwo is your only option, although it'll need frameskip and some games will have bugs, many games run perfectly, with added benefits like savestates.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
The DStwo and iPlayer use emulation to run gba games while the EZ 3in1 loads them in the DS to be run on the actual hardware. Running on actual hardware is always the most reliable way to play a game (and it doesn't murder battery life either).

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the best wold be the M3 perfect or EZ flash IV but a 3in1 isn't bad. The dstwo and iplayer are both pretty rotten at the moment.

em2241992

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
The DStwo and iPlayer use emulation to run gba games while the EZ 3in1 loads them in the DS to be run on the actual hardware. Running on actual hardware is always the most reliable way to play a game (and it doesn't murder battery life either).
Alright, this seems to make sense to me. Guess this way is better and cheaper
yaynds.gif

sCRAM^LGC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
EZ 3in1 - best compatibility ( i own)!!!
Supercard Slot-2 - less compatibility (Mario Kart cant run with full speed) but has RealTimeSave
CycloDS Slot-2 with supercard firmware (i own) same as supercard ^^^^^^^^^^

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pliskron said:
the best wold be the M3 perfect or EZ flash IV but a 3in1 isn't bad. The dstwo and iplayer are both pretty rotten at the moment.
No offense, but there really should be like, a mass PM sent out to every member about you...

The emulation isn't rotten. It's not 100% but it's certainly not bad either as, if anything, 90-95% of games work....

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iPlayer is not worth it, it actually cost ~$1 more than SCDSTwo on Price Angels when I looked earlier this morning to compare prices on the DSTwo. I didn't even see iPlayer on Shoptemp. The GBA emulator for iPlayer got no further support after its initial release. The one for the DSTwo is the only one that has had any further improvements since release.

It also does not play commercial NDS roms, and I was aware of that when I bought mine. GBA emulation was the reason I bought it, since at the time I got the iPlayer it was the only way to play any GBA roms on a DSi/DSi XL.

edit:
Also, I really look forward to getting a DS Lite again, with a 3-in-1 and some other stuff. I also ordered a DSTwo because I've been dying to see it for myself but I refused to pay full price until all its advertised features were finally supported. (Partly due to extreme disappointment with iPlayer as such an expensive flashcart that had so little on the plate in terms of homebrew using the additional hardware.)

edit2: that's extremely weird. one of the places in my post where it says shoptemp, i'm sure i said the name of a different website. trying to fix it. fixed

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess it's worth mentioning that now Shoptemp sells the EZ-Flash IV linker for the GBA, DS Phat and DS Lite.

It advertises supposed perfect GBA compatibility, and should come with the advantage that it doesn't require use of a DS to play GBA games or flash a GBA game to it.
I don't own one personally though, but I'm interested.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if u got a ds/dsl, its HIGHLY RECOMMENDED u get ez 3 in 1 and a acekard 0_o

if u got a dsi, get a ds2, u can get iplauer but it does not support nds roms, and ex4i is also good, but not "as good" as ds2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls