Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
I'm buying a 3DS
yaynds.gif
so I was just wondering... What are the best games that are currently out for it in your opinion?

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I recommend you:

Super street fighter IV or/and Dead or Alive if you like fighting games.
Zelda do NOT think on this one buy it instantly!
wink.gif

Resident Evil if you like zombies
Ridge Racer 3D if you like racing(Wait till Mario kart!!)
Smaurai Warriors Chronicles is also very good is you like the beat em up genre!

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS has some decent 3rd party support, and games like Professor Layton and Mario aren't really coming until next year. So, if you haven't bought it yet, you should wait until 2012.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Where are you buying it from??
Get it from amazon.

Buy the bundle.

Console + Selected game for £20(pick Zelda OoT) and Protect case for £5(instead of £10+).
You are gonna save at least 20 pounds
smile.gif
. You can get the 3DS off ebay for around the same price, but highstreet are selling them for £190.

As for other good games.. you can get DoA if you like fighting games.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Welp. Canadian retailers are having a sale for the 3DS for 199, instead of the ol' 249. Kinda tempted to purchase, since Nintendo products over here never drop in price. Literally never.

I mean, I want to wait for a revision. The battery life is almost unacceptable, and the screens still scratch themselves. Some weird design flaw, it is. And the stuff like E-shop are still pretty empty.

Right now, the only game I care about this entire year for the 3DS is... Devil Survivor: Overclocked, and Tales of the Abyss. Both of them are enhanced ports, and I already own the original on the DS and PS2. Super Street Fighter 4 is already out of date thanks to the SSF4:AE, DOA is dead to me as Itagaki isn't in Team Ninja, No interest in MGS3 since I have the PS2 version and possibly getting the HD collection, and OoT is OoT. The only game I'm looking out for for the 3DS next year is.... Rune Factory 4, and maybe Professor Layton.

No, I have zero interest in Mario games, nor Zelda (Unless it was maybe Majora's Mask), or anything Nintendo produces. The DS had a ridiculous amount of non-nintendo games, and I buy nothing but third party titles, unless Retro Studios made it (Yeah yeah Retro is doing something with Mario Kart, I care not). I'm sure the 3DS will be great in the future, but I can't decide to jump in or not.

EDIT: And then I remembered Paper Mario 3DS. Tough call.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, right now there really isn't much worth getting for the 3DS right now.

Zelda does nothing for me, and I was wholly disappointed in seeing Splinter Cell 3D in action, given that I already have Chaos Theory on Xbox, and it simply doesn't play nearly as poorly, even when emulated on my 360.

And two games that I was looking forward to - Saint's Row and MegaMan Legends 3 - have both been cancelled, so that just means I'm going to have to wait that much longer to find something worth buying for the 3DS.

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Games that I highly recommend buying...
Dead or Alive Dimensions (Awesome fighting game with cool characters and fighting styles...I like playing as Ryu Hayabusa! I would love to see Ninja Gaiden 3DS)
Samurai Warriors Chronicles (Fun game with relatively good 3D effects and plot)
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (Awesome 3D effects)
Nintendogs+Cats (Fun social Game with lots of items & Furniture to collect...most of all there are CATS!!!! Im a cat lover^^)
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (Awesome online multiplayer)
Pilot Wings Resort (Nice 3D effect and a rather good flight simulation game)
Legend of Zelda OOT (Duh)

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz. said:
No, I have zero interest in Mario games, nor Zelda (Unless it was maybe Majora's Mask), or anything Nintendo produces. The DS had a ridiculous amount of non-nintendo games, and I buy nothing but third party titles, unless Retro Studios made it (Yeah yeah Retro is doing something with Mario Kart, I care not). I'm sure the 3DS will be great in the future, but I can't decide to jump in or not.

So your on the forum called GBAtemp disscusing the company whos main source of AAA is 1st party support and (IMO) pretty weak in 3rd party. And calling the eShop with a shitload of games (even if they are DSi titles thats still far from empty)...you sir have just contradited yourself.
And to make it worst it wasnt even on the topic! It was purely your opinion about the 3DS you didnt even mention a game he should/shouldnt have! >:U

thela_kid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Zelda

DOA

street fighter

Cartoon Network

Samurai Warriors.

If you don't mind the no reset save, Pacman
smile.gif

you named pretty much everything that's released. /joke

there isn't much to choose from so i say try to rent some or try a renting service thing like gamefly for a week or so until you find a fun one.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Zantigo said:
ojsinnerz. said:

So your on the forum called GBAtemp disscusing the company whos main source of AAA is 1st party support and (IMO) pretty weak in 3rd party. And calling the eShop with a shitload of games (even if they are DSi titles thats still far from empty)...you sir have just contradited yourself.
And to make it worst it wasnt even on the topic! It was purely your opinion about the 3DS you didnt even mention a game he should/shouldnt have! >:U

Hardware is a different matter. Software wise, GBA has a platform that had a decent amount of third party support. The DS also had tons of third party support.

I have a DSi. The only game I am honestly interested in on the E-shop is Shantae, which I will eventually purchase. What does the 3DS E-shop have that I would care about. The free Zelda game? I already have it on another platform.

Better than making a brand new thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative