Hacking Best Flashcart for DSL

2dx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I am going to get a flash cart soon and I am wondering which one would be the best for the DSL I am thinking of getting M3i,M3 real,CycloDS or Acekard2/2i.

What I really need is to go on the internet play games watch videos and listen to music. Thanks for your help.
yaynds.gif

palkiake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I would get the M3 Real + Rumble Ram Pack since it has sakura and with the Ram pack it can play ba games too.

personager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CycloDS Evolution and a EZFlash 3in1 with a 16GB MicroSD Card. If you're willing to spend money, that is and want the ultimate experience from both; a DS and a GBA.

D

Deleted-119707

i reckon acekard2i. this works on ds/dsl/dsi. and its a very good cart (read reviews). if you decide to get a dsi soon, get this cart instead of buying a non dsi cart and a dsi cart.
-nicky.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personager said:
CycloDS Evolution and a EZFlash 3in1 with a 16GB MicroSD Card. If you're willing to spend money, that is and want the ultimate experience from both; a DS and a GBA.

Actually, I'd say a dedicated slot2 cart would be better than any 3in1. Something like the M3 Perfect in slot2 is 1000x better than a 3in1.
But I also realize that obtaining an M3 Perfect is damn near impossible these days, so a 3in1 is about the only other option now. Sure you could choose a Supercard slot2, but GBA games slow down badly in that unit and many GBA games don't even work with it. You could get an EZFlash IV, I hear those are good, but I don't know anything about that cart myself. Still, I'd be willing to bet it's better than a 3in1.

The main reason I don't like the 3in1 is because you can only have one game on it at a time and all your files for it are stored on your slot1 card's SD. So every time you want to play a game on a 3in1, you must first transfer it to slot2 from slot1. Then, if you want to play a different GBA game, you have to do that again. With a dedicated slot2, all the games are already stored on the dedicated slot2's SD. Much more convenient and you don't have to clutter up your slot1's SD with slot2 files.

I've been nothing but happy with my CycloDS and M3 perfect combo. I've got a "pocket arcade" with 500+ games at my fingertips.

So, for anyone looking in to getting some form of slot2 for their DSL or phat, I'd say look into the dedicated slot2 carts first (M3 Perfect (NOT Pro), EZFlash IV or Supercard slot2 (though I don't recommend SC)), and only get a 3in1 as a last resort....or if money is tight, since dedicated slot2's tend to be more expensive.

D

Deleted-119707

any people who ask this question actually read this thread :http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=70252 ?

2dx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys I got the CycloDS. I don't really need any GBA games lol so I just went for the Cyclo.
biggrin.gif
thanks again for all the help.

Hope the Cyclo is good for media lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.