Homebrew Discussion Best emulators list or sticky's?

viper3344

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all!

Is there a list somewhere (maybe we can start a sticky) of the latest and greatest emulators that work for SX Pro users?

Snes
Gen
N64 etc

Start to gather some info?

Thanks!

viper3344

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. What an interesting answer.... If you are going to try to insult someone, I would suggest using English.

Anyway, for those of us that feel like being constructive, I was under the impression that the RetroNX project did not work like regular Homebrew. Is that not the case and can be ran directly from the SX Pro OS?

Thanks

Last edited by viper3344,

darkcodemonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. What an interesting answer.... If you are going to try to insult someone, I would suggest using English.

Anyway, for those of us that feel like being constructive, I was under the impression that the RetroNX project did not work like regular Homebrew. Is that not the case and can be ran directly from the SX Pro OS?

Thanks

So, from my understanding it does run like regular homebrew. I actually just tested it last night. I used the following tutorial to setup the switch for homebrew launcher.

gbatemp.net/threads/switch-hacking-101-how-to-launch-the-homebrew-menu-on-all-fw.504012/

I then just downloaded retroNX from the switch app store. After loading roms onto the SD card, just select retroNX from homebrew launcher and then load up the core you want, and then select the game you want to load.
Sorry for being so vague, currently at work.

As far as SX Pro, I honestly dont know, I dont have any way to test it.

As far as emulation itself using RetroNX, I tested SNES9x, VBA-Next, and PCSX-ReARMed. I specifically tried some of the more intense game I have had difficulty emulating on other systems in the past (SNES9x- Star Fox and Star Fox 2 [The Final Build ripped from SNES Classic]- Only tested the opening and it played as to be expected, slight slow down that, as far as I am aware of, was also present on original hardware. VBA-Next- Advanced Wars, Golden Sun, Golden Sun 2, Legend of Spyro Eternal Night- Again didnt really go in depth but everything seemed to play fine, even the cutscenes that were prerecorded FMV from Spyro played fine which I have never seen on a console emulator. PCSX-ReARMed- tested Final Fantasy 9, sound was a little low quality sounding, but everything seemed timed right, and played with small slow down if any at all, even actually in game [Only played a little past the fight with Baku but everything seemed fine].) I will continue to test more when I get home off work tonight, but so far am VERY impressed.

Sorry, kinda rambling at this point. if you have any other questions, might not be able to answer, but I will see what I can do.

Last edited by darkcodemonkey,

viper3344

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response darkcode!

So we have a way to use homebrew launcher with SX Pro (pretty easy) so Im thinking we just download retroNX and just run it. Ill report back! Thanks for your testing results!

darkcodemonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response darkcode!

So we have a way to use homebrew launcher with SX Pro (pretty easy) so Im thinking we just download retroNX and just run it. Ill report back! Thanks for your testing results!

No prob. I plan on testing some further games tonight, in particular some more PSX games, as well as some 2 player games, and wanting to see how well split joy cons work, if at all on two player games on nes and snes.

darkcodemonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just tested it right now. Tested US Final Fantasy III and SNES9x had audio issues from the get go, but SNES9x 2010, audio was fine. Was also able to save and load without issues. Even completly rebooted the system to start from scratch and everything worked. So far everything that I have tested for SNES has worked with any issues. Super Metroid, Mario RPG, Yoshis Island, Donkey Kong Country, just to name a few.

Last edited by darkcodemonkey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?