Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The best is probably DSHobro.
It requires a PC app that does the actual web browsing and sends a compressed version to your DS.
It has a few issues, for one it doesn't work properly on Windows Vista/7 the workaround for this is to leave the error message open and have your DS connect manually rather than automatically.

Beyond that, your only two choices are Bunjalloo and DSOrganize's built in browser.
Each have their own issues, due in part to the lack of memory on the DS itself.
I can't recall which off the top of my head, but one is better for browsing with images while the other is better for preserving the layout.

Spycake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
I can't recall which off the top of my head, but one is better for browsing with images while the other is better for preserving the layout.

DS Organize leaves out images on sites, so it doesn't keep form well.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Another option if you do have a slot-2 ram pack or ezflash 3in1, etc. is the Retawq browser with DSLinux.
I tried getting to Retawq, but then apparently I didn't set up DSLinux right because it didn't recognize any commands, even though the commands I was using were from a fricken tutorial.

Spycake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Spycake said:
DS Organize leaves out images on sites, so it doesn't keep form well.
Pretty sure DSOrganize can show images since one of it's HTML modes is "Extended with Images".
with that it shows some but leaves out other minor ones and replaces it with

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Inunah said:
jurassicplayer said:
Another option if you do have a slot-2 ram pack or ezflash 3in1, etc. is the Retawq browser with DSLinux.
I tried getting to Retawq, but then apparently I didn't set up DSLinux right because it didn't recognize any commands, even though the commands I was using were from a fricken tutorial.
Perhaps you used the wrong build of DSLinux. Which build did you use?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The most mature would probably be the DSLinux browsers, because they're mere ports of already established browsers out there. True, they're text-only (graphics mode of Links doesn't really qualify) but if you remember the commands, they're the most robust. Of course they do require slot-2 RAM to be functional, but otherwise they're what I used back when my DS was my main portable web browsing utility.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
The most mature would probably be the DSLinux browsers, because they're mere ports of already established browsers out there. True, they're text-only (graphics mode of Links doesn't really qualify) but if you remember the commands, they're the most robust. Of course they do require slot-2 RAM to be functional, but otherwise they're what I used back when my DS was my main portable web browsing utility.
But if you have the Slot2 RAM, why not just use the Opera Browser?

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
Inunah said:
jurassicplayer said:
At the time, it was the latest, but I don't know the build.
unsure.gif
I don't check for that kind of stuff, I just go for the latest.
Don't ask when it was, either, because it could've been a week ago and I'd think it was more than a month ago.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
SifJar said:
Inunah said:
jurassicplayer said:
At the time, it was the latest, but I don't know the build.
unsure.gif
I don't check for that kind of stuff, I just go for the latest.
Don't ask when it was, either, because it could've been a week ago and I'd think it was more than a month ago.
Yeah... there's apparently two versions of DS Linux.
One has no commands available, the other has all the commands.
Last time I tried to mess around with it, the one with no commands was linked EVERYWHERE on the site. I don't recall how I got the other version, but when I did things seemed to work as well as could be expected since I don't have a Slot2 RAM expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: