Hacking Best CIA manager / installer?

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
Big Blue Menu + clean is the first one you'll need.

Download the .3ds rom, throw it on you're micro SD (the one in your gateway red card).
Then run it with from your multi-rom menu in Gateway mode and you'll be given an option to install it. YAY!!

Edit: There is a homebrew version of this tool that's hella nice too called Big Red Menu, search for it on the forum, but you'll need Big Blue Menu to install it as it's a cia. I've been using Big Red lately and worth looking at, but either is just fine.

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks,

Next question... Can I just copy .3ds rom files onto the SD card or do I need to use the disk writer?

Regards

Nope, just dump them on there.

You ARE using a Gateway yeah?
Cos Sky3ds is different AND won't work with devmenu.

Edit: And a little advice if you're using Gateway, just use a big SD card and only use .cia roms.
If you're new to all this it'll save you some trouble injecting headers into roms to get online play working.
Online will just work with .cia roms.

And don't forget to use an emuNAND.
AND make sure you store your NAND.bin backup of your system NAND somewhere safe on your computer. Just in case.

MisterJohnson87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys!
Yup, using a gateway! Just been out of the scene for a while now! Last flashcard I used was a cycloneDS for the DS about 4 years ago!

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question that I want to throw in here before I create a new thread.
There is a "devmenu620_repack.cia" floating around the webz, is it the real one from the Nintendo SDK just repacked to actually be installable?

iirc the BigBlueBox manager was also the 6.2.0 CIA Manager but with their "touch" (Banner etc.) to it correct?

I would like the clean one from Big N, but wouldn't want to downgrade from the BBB version in case it's newer.

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a question that I want to throw in here before I create a new thread.
There is a "devmenu620_repack.cia" floating around the webz, is it the real one from the Nintendo SDK just repacked to actually be installable?

iirc the BigBlueBox manager was also the 6.2.0 CIA Manager but with their "touch" (Banner etc.) to it correct?

I would like the clean one from Big N, but wouldn't want to downgrade from the BBB version in case it's newer.

mmmmm, go with the clean, I've been using it since it dropped. No problems.

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
"devmenu620_repack.cia" is the clean one here I presume? :D

mmm lemme check

Mine's just called BigBlueMenu, I <might> have renamed it but I doubt it. Sure it's the clean version. It should be labeled BigBlueMenu I'm sure of it.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depending on your firmware, I think for 4.5 you can install cfw and install big blue cia. For 9.2 you'llneed GW to install the cia.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."