Homebrew Best alternative to the Snes VC emulator?

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's absolutely no need for GBA emulators because the 3DS runs GBA games natively; AGB_FIRM is just running the ARM9 chip underclocked to GBA speeds.

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
I got 2DS XL originally for the Snes VC aspect and for 3DS games *shrug*. Genesis Plus GX reportedly runs perfect, so I can always use that too. Snes9x 3DS also runs well I hear. Not a fan of running emulators on phones, just feels weird.

since the 3ds is underpowered and you most likely already have the best options that we will ever hand at your hand, and they are not good enough for you. I will still recommend a cheap android device. they'll play snes and similar with no issues, and can be had with game controls for like 100$, most popular right now is the GPD XD which is pretty damn similar to a 3ds. but there's older things that look more like a psp/ps vita for less if you look around dealextreme and such sites.

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never noticed input lag with my moga power pro in B mode. Although cheaper Bluetooth controllers seem to chug a little bit.
I have experienced input lag with my moga hero controller, but it is the phone's fault, as it disappears if you disable the wi-fi.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since the 3ds is underpowered and you most likely already have the best options that we will ever hand at your hand, and they are not good enough for you. I will still recommend a cheap android device. they'll play snes and similar with no issues, and can be had with game controls for like 100$, most popular right now is the GPD XD which is pretty damn similar to a 3ds. but there's older things that look more like a psp/ps vita for less if you look around dealextreme and such sites.

The 2DS XL has 800 MHz, compared to the O3DS that has 233 MHz, kinda short on cash.

This thread is getting off topic, I asked about what emulators I can run on N3DS, not the Wii U, not Android, only 2DS XL. Snes emulation on PSP is pretty bad, only using Snes9x 1.39, which has really bad sound.

*sigh*

Why did I even start this thread?

There's absolutely no need for GBA emulators because the 3DS runs GBA games natively; AGB_FIRM is just running the ARM9 chip underclocked to GBA speeds.

So I just use the VC injections?

And Genesis? NES? Injections have spotty compatibility at best.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ooh, forgot about that one actually :P Tested Genesis Plus GX, ran absolutely perfectly :D

Which version of genesis plus are you using? Everyone I tried I had a vertical line down the middle of the screen near the middle that I couldn't get to go away. Was a shame because it seems slightly better than picodrive that im using now.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which version of genesis plus are you using? Everyone I tried I had a vertical line down the middle of the screen near the middle that I couldn't get to go away. Was a shame because it seems slightly better than picodrive that im using now.

From the most recent RetroArch, 1.6.7 official, I don't remember ever seeing a weird line in the middle. Then again, I only tested two games. NES and Genesis seem to run 100% perfect though (speed wise, no audio crackling at all), I hope Snes9x gets Blargg's S-SMP, even if it is a separate branch for N3DS users. Not sure how hard it'd be to implement.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw