Hacking Beginners question regarding upgrading already hacked PS3

misko_007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I have PS3 that can play games for free.
When I bought it it was in this condition, so I do not know details how homebrew was done.

I have downloaded a new Fifa 19 game, but when I start it via IRISMAN v4.82 (I did upgrade from v3.46) I just got a black screen.
My assumption is that I need to system software (current version 4.70) to the latest 4.82.

But I have few questions:

This not starting (just black screen) of FIFA19 is this even problem of system software 4.70 or just problem with my ps3 ?
I was trying to find some list of which PS3 games need what system software version, but was not able to find it.

I was reading
gbatemp.net/threads/guide-ps3-4-82-cfw-installation-for-dummies.491117/
what I do not understand is once I have the patched firmware (you got this by a successful exploitation of the system) do I need to install REBUG or not.

If I upgrade to 4.82 will I lose all the games that currently I have on my PS3

Thank you for your help.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This not starting (just black screen) of FIFA19 is this even problem of system software 4.70 or just problem with my ps3 ?
I was trying to find some list of which PS3 games need what system software version, but was not able to find it.
I assume it does indeed require a newer OS
You can check the minimum version by viewing the param.sfo file (of the game and any installed updates for it) on a PC, but since I somehow doubt you were the only owner of that backup, someone might have edited it
I was reading
gbatemp.net/threads/guide-ps3-4-82-cfw-installation-for-dummies.491117/
what I do not understand is once I have the patched firmware (you got this by a successful exploitation of the system) do I need to install REBUG or not.
Don't do that, it's for unmodded consoles
If you already have CFW, simply download a newer CFW (like Ferrox Cobra or Rebug) to a MBR FAT32 external drive as /PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP and use the normal update feature to load it

If I upgrade to 4.82 will I lose all the games that currently I have on my PS3
No, why did you think so?

Reactions: misko_007

misko_007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I assume it does indeed require a newer OS
You can check the minimum version by viewing the param.sfo file (of the game and any installed updates for it) on a PC, but since I somehow doubt you were the only owner of that backup, someone might have edited it

just FYI, this is content of "cat PS3_GAME/PARAM.SFO"
Code:
PSF?t
@(^0i4?8|
??APP_VERATTRIBUTEBOOTABLECATEGORYLICENSENP_COMMUNICATION_IDPARENTAL_LEVELPS3_SYSTEM_VERRESOLUTIONSOUND_FORMATTITLETITLE_IDVERSION01.00DGLibrary programs ©Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Licensed for play on the PLAYSTATION®3 Computer Entertainment System or authorized PLAYSTATION®3 format systems. For full terms and conditions see the user's manual. This product is authorized and produced under license from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Use is subject to the copyright laws and the terms and conditions of the user's license.NPWR15257_0004.82007FIFA 19BLES0225801.00MacBooks-MacBook:BLES02258-[FIFA 19]

Don't do that, it's for unmodded consoles
If you already have CFW, simply download a newer CFW (like Ferrox Cobra or Rebug) to a MBR FAT32 external drive as /PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP and use the normal update feature to load it

How can I see what CFW do I have currently on my PS3?
I am asking so just to take the same model after.

Which one would you recommend?

No, why did you think so?

I was thinking that maybe it is deleting the whole HDD.
Better if not.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Right in the middle of where gbatemp starts coloring it :)

How can I see what CFW do I have currently on my PS3?
I am asking so just to take the same model after.
That depends on the CFW (which may have modified the version string, renamed some menu option, added a custom theme, ..., or nothing identifying at all)
Which one would you recommend?
Personally I prefer Ferrox Cobra, since Rebug adds a load of features (and unnecessary complexity that comes with them) I don't care about, but that's inherently subjective
I am also still on 4.82 since I don't currently need anything provided by 4.83

Reactions: misko_007

misko_007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
For anybody else:

I have updated to 4.82.2 REBUG RE (I read that it is most stable) after that FIFA 19 is working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Already got a few aids they help me