Beginner needs some help

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Quantumcat, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Quantumcat
    OP

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Hi, I am following this guide (http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_Homebrew_Development) to set up my environment, and was going to try the gpu example from ctrulib. However when trying to compile I get a huge amount of errors (1117 of them). It looks like I'm missing a library or something. Can anyone tell me what I might have done wrong? Also, the guide said to enable ctrulib in the devkitarm menu but I have no idea how to get into any menu. Can't find anything in its folder that could lead to a menu and when I run the updater it just says it couldn't find any updates, and doesn't lead to a menu. I am thinking that's likely what is wrong.

The errors:
    • variable "u32" is not a type name
    • a declaration here must declare a parameter (mostly this)
    • expected a ';'
    • expected a '}'
    • identifier 'gfxScreen_t' is undefined
    Thanks if you can help.

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    When you installed devKitPro it should have given you options for what to install, you need to install the entire devkitarm with all the subitems.
    The errors you posted are not helpful as they aren't the cause of your problem, but the result. Somewhere in that long list of errors should be the one that tells you what's wrong, but I'm guessing you don't have ctrulib installed.

3. Quantumcat
    OP

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Thanks, I'll try deleting the devkitpro folder and see if that sparks it to give me an option on installing.