Hacking Before upgrading my SD card.

Rion45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed A9LH and Luma3DS on the original SD card my XL came with. But I'm getting a bigger one (32 or 64 GB) later this week and was wondering how to transfer my things to the new SD card.

Is it as easy as just copy+paste? Will it also transfer any CIAs I installed or is that a separate step?

ToastJr

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was just about to ask a very similar question. I've installed A9LH, Luma3DS, FBI, and Freeshop, but want to upgrade to a larger SD card. What's the process for transferring? Will I keep all those programs or do I have to do reinstalling/downloading?

Rion45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just about to ask a very similar question. I've installed A9LH, Luma3DS, FBI, and Freeshop, but want to upgrade to a larger SD card. What's the process for transferring? Will I keep all those programs or do I have to do reinstalling/downloading?
I did a bit of research and many people do say that if you followed Plailect's guide (I did) you should be on sysNAND. That means you can just copy and paste everything to the other SD card.

I just need some more details if it really is just a drag and drop... if so than I need to stop overthinking things :/

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Backup all the content on X card (smaller), then with Y card (bigger one) format to FAT32 then make a backup of the content from X card on your PC, after you've formatted Y Card drag and drop the content from the smaller one onto the bigger one and you're done~

Reactions: Rion45

Rion45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backup all the content on X card (smaller), then with Y card (bigger one) format to FAT32 then make a backup of the content from X card on your PC, after you've formatted Y Card drag and drop the content from the smaller one onto the bigger one and you're done~
Is it really that simple?! Damn. Does the formatting apply to an O3DS? I heard Micro SD cards are very different. I wanted to make sure you were referring to an old 3DS.

But if that's all it takes, thank you! I feel more comfortable now upgrading.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Is it really that simple?! Damn. Does the formatting apply to an O3DS? I heard Micro SD cards are very different. I wanted to make sure you were referring to an old 3DS.

But if that's all it takes, thank you! I feel more comfortable now upgrading.

Vice versa applies to both :) I hope it made sense >< you're welcome!

Reactions: Rion45

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zTei5RMhQ8