Been gone form the 360 scene for a while...

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by War, Mar 3, 2011.

1. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Hey guys. As the title says, I've been away from the 360 scene for quite a while, and I just recently started having time to play 360 again. However, it seems like there's a bunch of new things in the scene, so I just have a couple questions.

For the record, I'm using a Xbox 360 Pro with (I think) 1.61 iXtreme firmware. Got banned from Live before LT came out so I never bothered updating. My dash is pretty old... it's pre-Kinect.

1) I recently downloaded Bulletstorm and it burned just fine. Put it in the Xbox and the Xbox thinks it's a DVD. I went online and read that apparently Bulletstorm is wave 10. Does that have anything to do with it, or did I just get a bad iso? I burned the second disc of Dead Space 2 a couple days before this and it works just fine, so I doubt it's my laptop.

2) Is it possible to play XBLA games/DLC without a JTAG console now? If so, is there a tutorial on this? Do I need to be able to access Live?

3) Is there any way to play those AP protected games on my console? The only one I really care about is Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

I think that's it for now, thanks for your help.

2. Fudge

Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

Banned
    Aug 26, 2009
    United States
    New York
    1. Bulletstorm should work. I'm not sure if you need to use the activation disc. It may have just been a bad burn.
    2. There is, but it requires Live. Check xbox360*** (warez site) for more info.
    3. You can, but by doing so you won't be able to play Bulletstorm. If you can, you should just update to LT+. Here's how to play AP25 games on LT and below http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=265912

3. Smuff

Smuff Fossilized Gamer

Jul 29, 2006
    By the sea
    ^ This
    [​IMG]

4. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Hm, okay. Thanks for the quick reply. Guess I'll redownload Bulletstorm and try burning it on someone else's computer. What a shame about the XBLA games :/ Really was looking forward to that.

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Just to add there is actually a bunch of DLC in PIRS format you can now transfer over with USB (see the XTAF program) if you lack hard drive access that will work.
    An older list
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=257712

Likewise you can also run XBLA demos on a normal xbox.

Re AP2.5 games, you should not need to burn a new bulletstorm- the method fudgenuts64 linked involves updating to a beta dash that works with the games but did not have AP2.5 checks in
    As bulletstorm actually requires a far later dash it will want another update and thus not work if you use that hack. Jump to LT+ (and patch relevant isos with SSv3) and you can carry on with bulletstorm.

Be warned LT needs splitvid games and there is a distinct possibility that your older games do not use this (you will be reburning). I suspect there is an issue with ix1.61 (most people are on LT, LT+ or 1.6NS - if the activation disc works then it is definitely a 1.61 issue).

Also when updating I am sure you will but make sure you stash your DVD keys if you have not already- in old ix firmwares you could get the key back but LT removed the ability in a bid to get closer to the stock firmware.