Battlefield 3

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
I don't think I can watch that trailer, I don't want to be disappointed even more
frown.gif

Elaborate please so I can properly debunk you.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:
I don't think I can watch that trailer, I don't want to be disappointed even more
frown.gif

Elaborate please so I can properly debunk you.
It looks like a great game, don't get me wrong. I'm just wondering if there will ever be a sequel to Battlefield 2, I was never too keen on Bad Company despite the fact that it was made with me in mind.

I'll give this a try though.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
It looks like a great game, don't get me wrong. I'm just wondering if there will ever be a sequel to Battlefield 2, I was never too keen on Bad Company despite the fact that it was made with me in mind.

It's called natural evolution of gaming. BF:BC/2 were popular because people loved how they played. Hence why they're bringing aspects of them into BF3.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:

It's called natural evolution of gaming. BF:BC/2 were popular because people loved how they played. Hence why they're bringing aspects of them into BF3.
I see it as more of a sequel to them, though. If not I'll have to check it out again.

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Awesome trailer yet again. I really look forward to this game, it looks better and better with each trailer.

BTW, is it just me, or are they mocking the RC car from cod:bo at around 1:24?

BestIntrest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like they're pulling the closer feel of a Call of Duty style game they used in BF:BC(2) and adding it to the large scale battles of BF2. This'll be interesting to say the least.
Remember how everyone said Steam was trash when it first came out? I remember being one of those people (Back when ram was expensive and I had none
tongue.gif
) If EA requires it,
hey, what's the problem? It'll take no more than 15 minutes to dl then install. Then however long it'd take for the game to download (Unless they let you buy retail then link it) then
you play. Nbd. Sounds easy just like steam. Lazy, lazy, lazy. You can even skip the Origin install time by taking a piss or something.

BestIntrest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked the far reaching feel of BF2/BF2142 but the lack of detail left a lot for wanting. Plus, the games were both buggy as well which made the lack of detail stand out even more. Even with those downfalls, the game was fantastic 0.0

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BestIntrest said:
I liked the far reaching feel of BF2/BF2142 but the lack of detail left a lot for wanting. Plus, the games were both buggy as well which made the lack of detail stand out even more. Even with those downfalls, the game was fantastic 0.0
I love BF2, 1942 (my favorite one), 2, 2142, and 1943. It's the BFBC and CoD aspects I don't like, and since this is more of a sequel to BFBC than BF...well, you can see the problem.

Zanoab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
BestIntrest said:
I love BF2, 1942 (my favorite one), 2, 2142, and 1943. It's the BFBC and CoD aspects I don't like, and since this is more of a sequel to BFBC than BF...well, you can see the problem.

What BFBC aspects are you talking about?

It can't be consoles because this was developed for the PC as the primary system. It can't be graphics because the trailers show off just as much functionality as graphics. The only aspect I can see at the moment is the Frostbite Engine...

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I preordered this today =D Excited, Also this game Multiplayer wise should play like a BF game,
but Singeplayer looks COD style.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People...you do know you can get it on retail or on other download services? You don't even need Origin running to play it, it would be nice if most people actually tried the service before shitting on it. Found it to be alright, no worse than Steam, no better. Would be nice if it was on Steam but I'm not gonna miss out on this game and not give the devs suppoort. Only thing Steam has going for it are the sales for me, without them I'd stick to retail.

I'm looking forward to this, sick of the crap that CoD does with its horrible generic story, stupid slow motion parts and explosion after explosion that just numbs the whole experience. I tried my best with Black Ops but it was painful to play. From what I've seen of gameplay footage (soemone playing a part of the game rather than a montage) its not CoD, this trailer looks edited to appeal to the CoD folks out there.

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
People...you do know you can get it on retail or on other download services? You don't even need Origin running to play it, it would be nice if most people actually tried the service before shitting on it. Found it to be alright, no worse than Steam, no better. Would be nice if it was on Steam but I'm not gonna miss out on this game and not give the devs suppoort. Only thing Steam has going for it are the sales for me, without them I'd stick to retail.

I'm looking forward to this, sick of the crap that CoD does with its horrible generic story, stupid slow motion parts and explosion after explosion that just numbs the whole experience. I tried my best with Black Ops but it was painful to play. From what I've seen of gameplay footage (soemone playing a part of the game rather than a montage) its not CoD, this trailer looks edited to appeal to the CoD folks out there.
I would say steam is better but anyway...
What Hadrian said is true from what I have seen.
Go watch Alpha footage of the multi. Way different to the trailer.
Edit: not so different to the trailer actually, but I dont care.

And what the F**ck is EA playing at, the reason why it isnt going to Steam is because of their policy?
What a load of bull, read Chansers post above me and read the part where it says why its not coming.
F**cking s**t. They wont put it there because DLC and patches must be provided via Steam?

WHAT THE F**K DID YOU THINK YOU WAS DOING WITH BC2 THEN EA?
If you did it with BC2 why the hell cant it be done with BF3.
*Calms Down* anyway ill get over it once im playing it.
End Rage.

D

Deleted User

Hadrian said:

Pretty much this. I've said this before and I'll say it again, not buying a game because its not coming on Steam is IGNORANT.

@kevan, I hope you know the alpha game was at Medium/Low settings, It was locked so they can benchmark graphics cards to make optimizations.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brandonspikes said:
Hadrian said:

Pretty much this. I've said this before and I'll say it again, not buying a game because its not coming on Steam is IGNORANT.

@kevan, I hope you know the alpha game was at Medium/Low settings, It was locked so they can benchmark graphics cards to make optimizations.
It's not ignorant. Favoritism is one thing it may be and Bandwagoning also, but ignorant that is not.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.