Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iU9lHjWU0tLdw.jpg
To celebrate ten years of Battlefield, EA has made the first Battlefield game, Battlefield 1942, free on Origin.
PC gamers can download the entire game for free through the Origin client, and play some good ol' fashioned FPS goodness. While the franchise has seen numerous changes, much of it still is based off the formula of 1942, combining land, air, and sea battles on a massive battlefield for a unique FPS experience.​
Since free stuff is always good, why not go download it right now?​

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I still have my original CD lying around. There weren't a lot of players left when I last played a year or so ago. Let's see if more people are going to play it now, because it is still an awesome game.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter how many free games are released on Origin, I still won't use it.

It's a pretty sweet game, though.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can you use mods with this version?
Why not? I think it's just a complete version of the game, with all the good and bad things that come with it.

Wait: Just checked official FAQ:

Q: Can I use this version of the game together with old Battlefield 1942 mods?
A: This is untested and we cannot guarantee any mod functionality. Sporadic testing leads us to believe that Desert Combat 0.7 works, as well as Eve of Destruction 2.5. For more discussion on popular mods, head to the new Battlelog forums we have set up specifically for this release of Battlefield 1942. Please share your findings on which mods work and which do not.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God, I love this game. I used to play it all the time when I was a kid, online and off. It's still my favorite BF game, if only because it punkbuster wouldn't let me play 2 online, but 2 was great as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: New Myoo.