Hacking Battery Problem After

Keksus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
First of all thank you very much for your reply :)

Already did that, the issue still happens without the joycon attached.

On the switch those are fine fortunately. I'm not using the joycon where I messed up the pins anymore but those weren't fine at all so they might very well have caused the issue.

I tried that too with the same unfortunate result. It appears that the battery is really at fault and I ordered an replacement (The warranty on my switch is over already so I have nothing to loose).

I'll report back once my replacement arrives.

Yes please report us!

I think linux is fault.
Maybe you can fix the problem in linux itself?
can I load or re-calibrate the battery on Linux ?

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I noticed that my Switch was at 33% after it crashed while playing around with Arch Linux too and wouldn't turn on anymore until I had it on the Dock and turned it on there.
I think that the Switch OS has some internal calibration where it doesn't expect anything else draining the battery and gets confused after it did so, however it may correct itself after a few tries.
And you can calibrate it, check Nintendo Support

jakibaki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could this be an issue with the latest updates? I don’t seem to be having any issues with the battery and I’ve run Linux many times so far. I’m on FW 4.1.0
I've had the issue on 4.1 before updating to version 5 so I don't think so.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn that's scary... What method did you guys use to short? Joy-cons?

I still haven't tried the exploits, but when I do it I want to open the joy-con and just touch pin 10 with a cable and touch the other tip to Switch's cooler find which are ground and I don't see anyway to short anything this way...

Hell I won't even try Linux until they really make a full version modified just for the Switch, but I'm more waiting for an Android or CFW, I don't like Linux at all and Android is much better for a tablet arm device...

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
what the hell mun, this almost seems like that infamous nexus 6p battery bug..
where it shuts off for (some people) at like anywhere between 10-30% of remaining juice..

and usually this can be fixed by shutting down 4 of the 8 cpu core thingies..
they are called big and small clusters in the kernel.

hmmmm this is worrying :l ..

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but it's not related to that as he is on the latest FW... And I'm also above on 3.0.2 and had bad battery reporting, but after re-calibrating the battery it's now good it always shut OFF after 1%, lasts around 3Hours on Zelda and now stays at 100% battery...

But I didn't try any exploit yet.
what the hell mun, this almost seems like that infamous nexus 6p battery bug..
where it shuts off for (some people) at like anywhere between 10-30% of remaining juice..

and usually this can be fixed by shutting down 4 of the 8 cpu core thingies..
they are called big and small clusters in the kernel.

hmmmm this is worrying :l ..
I think all android devices have that problem if you never calibrate the battery... If you never cycled the battery the android will never learn exactly the full battery power. That's why they usually recommend doing a full complete cycle like once per month since you shouldn't also keep draining the battery until it shuts off all the time...

Some android devices also have a battery calibration app somewhere on settings or on recovery menu.

Last edited by guily6669,

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that my Switch was at 33% after it crashed while playing around with Arch Linux too and wouldn't turn on anymore until I had it on the Dock and turned it on there.
I think that the Switch OS has some internal calibration where it doesn't expect anything else draining the battery and gets confused after it did so, however it may correct itself after a few tries.
I had the same shit happen to me, I let my Switch die on Arch and I wasn't able to get it to even turn on. It took about 15 minutes of charging before it'd boot. It started dying at 10% too.

jakibaki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
With 5V running through your system, other peripherals may be effected. If you plan on opening your switch anyway, you might as well pull the battery hold the power button for 15 seconds to let memory clear, and reconnect.

I didn't replace the battery yet but tried your suggestion first.
That appears to have solved the issue for me!

My switch is at 30% now and hasn't crashed yet! Before that it crashed at 55%.

I'll edit my post once the battery is at 5% but so far things are looking pretty good :)
Thank you so much for this suggestion!

EDIT: Down to 5% now and still no crash!

Last edited by jakibaki,

Keksus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I didn't replace the battery yet but tried your suggestion first.
That appears to have solved the issue for me!

My switch is at 30% now and hasn't crashed yet! Before that it crashed at 55%.

I'll edit my post once the battery is at 5% but so far things are looking pretty good :)
Thank you so much for this suggestion!

EDIT: Down to 5% now and still no crash!

Its worked?
Okay What did you do?

jakibaki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Its worked?
Okay What did you do?
I did as the post I quoted instructed me: I disassembled the switch, removed the battery-cable and pressed the power-button multiple times for around 2 minutes (15 seconds are probably more then enough but better safe than sorry).
After that I started the switch back up and the problem disappeared.

Keksus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I did as the post I quoted instructed me: I disassembled the switch, removed the battery-cable and pressed the power-button multiple times for around 2 minutes (15 seconds are probably more then enough but better safe than sorry).
After that I started the switch back up and the problem disappeared.

You started the Switch Backup?
What is it? Or die you mean recovery Mode?

Okay this is...
I do what he write but i dont remove the battery or disassempled the Switch.

I hold the Power Button on the Switch 60seconds and do this 3 x and now it works!!!

My Switch works without problems!
THANKS!!

Edit:
Ok dont work.. :(
15% and it is Off

Last edited by Keksus,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the button pressing doesn't do much... Now removing the battery is what probably does the trick. I already said to remove battery too so it resets it.

If you also remove nand board and put it back in the console won't turn ON until you disconnect and connect the battery plug.

Edit: If I was you, I would open the console, clean it, use a better thermal paste for improving cooling and disconnect the battery plug wait a few time then reconnect it and then do the calibration process so that the console learn the right percentage for the battery.

Last edited by guily6669,

Bartesco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, after I tried Ubuntu on my Switch and it shutted down suddenly my Switch only turns on when is charging or >~40%, and playing Super Mario Odissey it shut down directly after ~2 minutes of play. How can I fix that? I hadn't this problem before I tried Ubuntu for Switch :( Thanks!!

Shadow LAG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the button pressing doesn't do much... Now removing the battery is what probably does the trick. I already said to remove battery too so it resets it.

If you also remove nand board and put it back in the console won't turn ON until you disconnect and connect the battery plug.

Edit: If I was you, I would open the console, clean it, use a better thermal paste for improving cooling and disconnect the battery plug wait a few time then reconnect it and then do the calibration process so that the console learn the right percentage for the battery.

This is incorrect. It absolutely is required to hold the button. I didnt tell him to do it out of guess work. Holding the power button with the battery disconnected drains the capacitors and clears the memory.

Last edited by Shadow LAG,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@